Handmade with Love

03 January 2021

Sending My Love - RachelVassDesigns


Hello and happy New Year!  It seems like forever since I've been here....well it was last year.  Anyways my apologies for taking a wee break away from blogging. I hope you all had a wonderful and safe holiday season, however you may celebrate.

Today I am back with a fabulous new release from RachelVassDesigns and I can't think of a better way to ring in a new year than with some beautiful new digi's to play with!  This release consists of 5 different sets filled with gorgeous designs and also some amazing freebies too!  For today's card I used the Floral Heart digital stamp set.  Let's get right to it! 

To start I resized and placed my images as I wanted them using my Silhouette software program and then printed it on some Canson XL cold pressed watercolor paper, as I had decided to do some loose watercolouring for this beautiful floral heart.  I got out my Zig watercolor brushes in a variety of greens, purples and some teal-ish blues.  And then I proceeded to add some colour and then water to my image.  Normally you would put water first and then paint but with these brushes I prefer to do the reverse.  I continued to layer the colours until I was happy with them.   

I had noticed that a bit of the black ink had lifted from the curve of the L when I was colouring the flower, so once it was done and dry, I simply went back over it with a black Copic multiliner pen and filled in the bit of missing black ink. You can't even really notice now, can you!

Once it was all done I cut it out using a stitched rectangle die, but then realized that I wanted it to have more of a frame around the outside, so I trimmed it down using my paper trimmer.  I then popped it up using some black craft foam cut a bit smaller than my watercoloured panel, added a few teal enamel dots and then added it to my black top folding card base.

And that's it!  I absolutely love how this turned out!  This was a true joy to colour and I don't think it needs much more...just let the image speak for itself.

I really hope you will go and check out Rachel's Instagram page to see the other 4 sets that are part of this release as well as the rest of the design team, to see what they are sharing today from the release!  There are some truly beautiful projects made with Rachel's designs.  And also there are some fabulous freebies as well for anyone that makes a purchase from the new release too!  Be sure to go and check it out!

Thank you so very much for stopping by today and spending some time with me! I hope you have a wonderful day and take some time out for yourself to get crafty.                                                         Until next time, Michelle 😄

 

Supplies used: 

  • RachelVassDesigns Floral Heart digital stamp set
  • Silhouette Studio software program
  • Canon laser printer
  • Canson XL cold pressed watercolor paper
  • Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brushes - 33,40, 43, 44, 46, 47, 48, 82, 83, 200, 400 and 803
  • Waterbrush
  • Copic Multiliner black 0.3
  • Gossamer Blue enamel dots from Gramercy Road collection
  • black craft foam
  • Art Glitter glue
  • black card base


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature