Handmade with Love

13 January 2021

Thank You for Your Kindness - Clever Dexter Challenge #13

 


Hello and welcome back crafty friends!  I am very excited and honoured to be guest designing for the Clever Dexter Challenge blog this month!  This month it is all about kindness for their challenge #13 and their wonderful and very generous sponsor is Alex Syberia designs. She has a $15 credit for her Etsy shop up for grabs to the winner of this months challenge as well.  I know that we can use some more kindness in our lives and what better kind than handmade! For my card today I have chosen to use the Sketched Bouquet digital stamp to share with you all.
 There is an optional element to this challenge which is to use a colour palette of white, blue, yellow, purple and green.  So keeping that mind I set out to start creating.  For my card today I used all of the colour options except for the purple.  To start I printed it off and started to add some colour to it with my Copic markers.

 
Once I had it all coloured and was happy with it, I cut it out using my Brother Scan N' Cut instead of fussy cutting.  Have I mentioned how much of a godsend my Scan N' Cut is?  It is very handy and quite valuable for those images that you may not have matching dies for, which are pretty much all digital images and also very easy on the hands when they don't want to co-operate anymore to fussy cut. I then did a bit of ink blending with 2 shades of blue Distress Inks on a piece of mixed media paper.  I have found then when ink blending, they blend much more smoothly on a piece of mixed media or watercolour paper than a regular cardstock. I lifted off some of the blended ink using my distress sprayer and left it for about 10 secs before blotting it off...the longer you leave the water drops the more ink will come off.  I popped up my background piece with some craft foam on a side folding A2 sized white card base and then added my floral image directly to it. 


I stamped my sentiment using a black pigment ink, added some clear embossing powder and heat embossed that and then added some splatters of black paint to add some more interest to it and also to tie in the black sentiment and also a few little splatters of white as well. I added the sentiment to the card front and a few sequins to finish it off.

If you haven't checked out Alex's designs yet, then I highly suggest you do, as she is a very talented artist and she has so many beautiful designs.  And I really hope that you will join us in this months challenge over at the Clever Dexter blog, get crafty...maybe even a bit inky and help us spread some handmade kindness.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day and find some time to get crafty, Michelle 😄

 


Supplies used:

  • AlexSyberiaDesigns Sketched Bouquet digital stamp set 
  • Canon laser printer
  • Silhouette Studio software program
  • Brother Scan N' Cut
  • Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios guillotine paper trimmer
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Canson Mix Media Imagine 120lb paper 
  • Copic markers - Y11, 13, 15, 17, YG11, 13, 17, 67, BG90, 93, 96E70, 71 and 0
  • Prismacolor Premier Fine Liner Marker 03
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire
  • Picket Fence Life Changing blending brushes
  • Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
  • Tom Holtz Distress paint - Picket fence
  • Gansai Tambi black watercolor paint
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins - 10, 8, 6 and 4 mm
  • craft foam
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive














Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature