Handmade with Love

06 January 2021

You Deserve A Break - Polka Dot Orchard

 

 Hello and welcome back!  I hope your week is off to a good start.  Today I am sharing a card made using the Note to Self digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard.  This image has a very kind of calming feel to it and it has a few different sentiments to use, that go perfectly.

To start I printed off the image and sentiment as usual with my Silhouette Studio software program.  This software is so easy to use and did you know that you don't even need to have a Silhouette Cameo to use it?  Pretty cool eh!  Anyways I wanted to keep with soft and more muted tones, to stay inline with the relaxed feel of the image.  I was also given a challenge by one of the other DT members, so I also wanted to to the colour palette set out for me.  So I did some simple colouring with just a wee bit of shading.  I then cut out my image once it was all coloured, using my Brother Scan N' Cut.  

 


For the background I used one of my favourite stencils from Altenew and started lightly ink blending some distress inks in 2 different shades of purple and I added a bit of b;ue to the centre of it for a bit of depth....although I think that got mostly covered up.  I then trimmed down the sentiment and added it underneath the image.  I popped that up on a purple top folding card base using some craft foam and then added a few coordinating sequins to it.  And voila...that's it!

I hope you have enjoyed my card for today.  It is a good reminder to take a break and relax.  I think we all need to remember that these days...I know I do.  Please head on over to check out all the fun and amazing digital sets that Polka Dot Orchard has!  There is sure to be something for everyone.

As always thank you so very much for stopping by and spending a bit of time with me.  I'd love to hear what you think down below in the comments and why not give me a follow...that way you won't miss out on any future posts.

         I hope you you all have a wonderful and crafty day and until next time,                                             Michelle 😄


Supplies used:

  • PolkaDotOrchard Note to Self digital stamp set 
  • Brother Scan N' Cut
  • Silhouette Studios software program
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Avery Elle Vino A2 top folding card - The Royal Collection 
  • Copic markers - C2, 3, E44, 70, 71, 74, E000, 00, 51, R00, 20, RV000, 10, 91, and V91
  • ShinHanart Touch Twin Marker BR109 Pearl White
  • Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Inks - Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord
  • Pretty Pink Posh Winter Sparkle Mix sequins
  • craft foam
  • Art Glitter glue
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature