Handmade with Love

28 January 2021

I love you Gnome matter what - PolkaDotOrchard

 

I have taken the plunge and gave in to the gnomes!  But really...who doesn't love a cute gnome or 2 and especially when they are in love!  This is really just the sweetest couple!  For this card I used a digi set from Polka Dot Orchard...let's get started!

 
To create my card I started with the 2 gnomes from the digital set Gnome Matter What from PolkaDotOrchard and overlapped the 2 bit.  The girl gnome originally has a coffee cup in her hand as does the male, but you can't see his as he is slightly behind the girl.  Since I was making more of a love/valentines card I wanted her to be holding a heart instead, so I took the bunch of hearts that is in the set and erased all but 1 of them.  I had to zoom in like 20x to be able to erase the coffee cup and none of her hand, in order to be able to have the heart there, but I think I did not too bad of a job with it. I also did a cut and paste for the sentiment to have it all on 1 line rather than how it was originally.
Anyways once I had them exactly as I wanted I printed them, cut them out with my Brother Scan N' Cut and coloured them with my Copic markers.  I added a bit of sparkle to her hat using my Wink of Stella pen, but you can't really see it here.  Next I cut out the heart using some masking paper on my Scan N Cut and centred it, then started to do a bit of ink blending with 2 shades of Distress oxide inks.
Once that was all done I added a few foam squares to the gnomes and added them to the middle of the heart, trimmed down my sentiment to have it as thin of a strip as possible, but not too small and popped that up as well with the foam squares and then added some craft foam to the back of the inked panel and added it to my card front and added a few pink sequins to finish it off.  

That's it for my card today!  I love how they fit perfectly into the heart and it kind of frames them.  These gnomes are really too cute and be sure to stay tuned as there will be more gnomes to come!  

I think this card is perfect to give to your loved ones any time of the year and not just for Valentine's, although I do think I know who I will be giving this to.  

I am also linking this to the following challenge - Basteltraum - #97 Love  

Thank you so very much or stopping by and spending a bit of time with me....it is very much appreciated.  I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments and I'd also love for you to subscribe to my blog and follow along on my crafty adventure!  

Thank you again and until next time, Michelle  💖


Supplies used:

  • PolkaDotOrchard Gnome Matter What digi set
  • Canon laser printer
  • Silhouette studio program
  • Brother Scan N Cut
  • Copic markers - B95, 97, 99, E44, 47, 70, 71, Y11, 13, 17, N0, 2, C2, 3, 5, E000, 53, BG10, 11, 13, R14, 22, 24, RV000, 00, 02 and 0
  • Sakura white gelly roll pen
  • Zig Wink of Stella glitter brush - GL clear 999
  • Ranger Distress Oxide  - Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick
  • Taylored Expressions blending brush
  • Inkadinkadoo stamping masking paper
  • Neenah solar white cardstock
  • Stampin Up' foam dimensionals
  • white craft foam
  • Art Glitter glue
  • Little Things by Lucy Ballerina mix sequins


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature