Handmade with Love

15 January 2021

Always in my Thoughts - Polka Dot Orchard

 

Happy friday crafty friends and welcome back! Today I have a soft floral card to share with you using the A Sprinkle of Flowers digi set from PolkaDotOrchard.  I love how soft and pretty this turned out and the effect of it on the printed paper is perfect too!

So I've had this newspaper print designer series paper from Stampin' Up! for quite a few years and have never really used it.  Well I finally decided it's been sitting unused for far too long!  So I decided to use it to print the beautiful rose image on it.  The paper is a cream/ivory colour so it would lend a nice and soft feel to the rose.  I printed the rose and added some colour to it using some warm greys and light pink markers, as I wanted to keep it soft, therefore I didn't go too bold or dark.  I was so happy with how it turned out, as it was also my first time using the warm greys for a flower and I absolutely adore it! It was exactly the look I was going for.

Once I had that coloured I had to fussy cut it out and it just wouldn't work in my Scan N Cut because of all the print on it.  For the background I wanted to continue on with the softness of it, so I decided what better than a nice watercoloured panel.  I used a soft pink and a stone/warm greyish colour and used a panel of my favourite watercolour paper, Arches cold pressed 140lb.  When I say the quality of paper makes all the difference, it really does!  


Once that was done and dry I added light flecks of black paint for a bit of interest.  I added it to my card base with some craft foam and then I popped up the sentiment which is from the same set and added a few clear droplets to finish it off.  The printed paper works so well on this rose, as it is a slightly larger floral that the flower also doesn't get lost on it.  I had never printed one on a patterned paper before, so it was a bit of a trial, but one that worked out well.

I hope you have enjoyed my card for today.  Be sure head on over to the PolkaDotOrchard website and check out all the fabulous and fun digi's they have!  There are so many and something for everyone!

As always I thank you for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me.  I'd love to know what you think down below in the comments and why not subscribe so you don't miss out on any future posts.

                            I hope you all have a wonderful day and take some time to get crafty.                                  Until next time,  Michelle 💖


Supplies used:

PolkaDotOrchard A Sprinkle of Flowers digi set
Altenew 36 watercolor pan - Pink Diamond, Moon Rock and Jet Black
Arches Cold Pressed 140lb watercolor paper
Stampin' Up! misc designer series paper
Silhouette Studio 
Canon Pixma laser printer
Copic markers - RV000, 91, BG90, 93, 96, W0, 2, 3 and 5
craft foam
Art Glitter glue
painters tape
paint brush
misc ivory card base

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature