Handmade with Love

20 January 2021

Happy Birthday

 Hello crafty peeps, I'm back to share a beautiful geode like card made using my favourite alcohol inks.  I made this using the exact same colours as my last card but went about it a bit different this time.

I always seem to make these late at night even though I am not a night owl...but maybe that's maybe that's when I'm most creative now.  Anyways for this I added and blended my 2 inks  on the paper before starting to move it around with the alcohol and added the gold mixative as well.  

I then just kept moving the inks around on the paper simply by moving the paper as well as my air source.  Once it was all done and dry, I just added my die cut hello from gold mirror cardstock and the smaller birthday and added them to my card front.  That is really all it involved.  Although it may not seem like it, this is more of a simple card.  Not much to it...just wanted to let the inks to speak for themselves.  This card will be going to my mother in law for her 80th birthday this week and I hope she will love it.

I absolutely adore these inks and don't see myself stopping anytime soon.  I hope to be able to get into bigger pieces soon as well.  I just need to keep playing, practicing and learning.  Never stop learning...no matter what it is and no matter how good you think you maybe at something, there is always more to learn.

As always I thank you very much for stopping by and spending a bit of time with me.  I hope that you have a wonderful day and find a bit of time to get crafty!

Thank you and until next time, Michelle 💖


Supplies used

Yupo paper
Ranger Alcohol inks  - Monsoon and Rosewood
Jacquard Pinata alcohol ink - Brass
99% isopropyl alcohol
alcohol ink hand blower thingy
hot air styler brush
Wplus9 Happy Trio die
Altenew Birthday Builder stamp set
Tonic Studios Polished Gold mirror cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
Big Shot die cutter
3M foam tape


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature