Handmade with Love

19 November 2020

Sketchy Rose Teacups - RachelVassDesigns

 


Hello everyone and welcome back!  Today I am sharing a super pretty card using the last of the 4 new designs in the shop for the November release from RachelVassDesign called Sketchy Rose Teacups.  This couldn't be any more perfect for right now, as we can't really sit down with too many people to share a cup of tea, so the next best thing is a virtual cup filled with lots of love.  

To start I first sorted out my image and sentiment using my Silhouette Studio program and then printed it out.  I wanted to keep it relatively simple, so I decided to skip most of the traditional colouring and do kind of a spotlight colouring.  So for that I cut out a heart using some masking paper on my Brother Scan N Cut and then placed it over the image.  I then blended on some Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink using a blending brush. 

I then removed the mask and just added a bit of very simple colour to the flowers.  For my cardbase I wanted it to be a soft muted colour, so Fog cardstock from Simon Says Stamp was the perfect colour.  I cut and scored my cardbase into a top folding card and popped my main panel up using some craft foam and then added the finishing touches of a few pink sequins.

That's it!  A very quick and simple card, but is still very pretty!  I love the crispness of the white with the soft ink blended heart.  And I thought the heart was perfect to have the cups over flowing with love.  I really hope you have enjoyed my card for today.  I know there are lots of people that I'll be sending lots of virtual love to, so this card will be perfect for that!

Please do head on over to Rachel's Etsy shop and check out all the beautiful digital sets she has, as they are all still on for 40% off.  And with digital images you can start making something beautiful within minutes, so no waiting for them to arrive in the post.

As always I thank you for stopping by and spending a bit of time with my today.  I hope that you have a wonderful day and take some time out to get crafty. 

Until next time, Michelle 😄


Supplies used:

  • RachelVassDesign Sketchy Rose Teacups digital stamp set
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Canon laser printer
  • Brother Scan N Cut
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink
  • Taylored Expressions blending brush
  • Copic markers - various colours
  • Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock
  • Lucys Little Things Ballerina sequin mix
  • craft foam
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid adhesive
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature