Handmade with Love

14 January 2021

You're My Stud Puffin - RachelVassDesigns

 
Hello and welcome back!  I hope your day and week is going well....we are almost at the weekend, only 1 more day!  Today I am sharing a quick card made using the Puffin Love Digital stamp set from RachelVassDesigns.  I wanted to keep this nice and simple and just focus on the handsome puffin.  Let's get to it!
 

To create my card I placed the image and the sentiment using my Silhouette Studio program and printed it out using my laser printer.  Next I added some black foil to his bowler hat, although it is very hard to see in the photos.  I then added a bit of colour using my Copic markers to him with just a wee bit of shading and keeping it kind of imperfect, shall we say. 
 
I wanted to add just a little of contrast to it so I did that via a background paper.  I've had a little pack of 6x6 paper from Stampin' Up! for quite sometime now and I knew it would be perfect for this, as there is a paper that has stones on it, so I grabbed that and trimmed it down a bit and even though it is a bit difficult to make out what it really is, you can sort of see the different colours of the stones.  It worked perfectly, as I also didn't want it to take away or distract from the main guy.  So I added them all and pooped them up on my cardbase and then thought it needed something more and I knew exactly what that something was....a little wooden heart for my handsome stud puffin.

And that's it!  A super simple card for a handsome little puffin!  This will be perfect for Valentine's day coming up or really anytime you want to tell your special puffin just how much he means to you.  

This digital stamp set from Rachel is filled with so many cute images and sentiments to match, perfect for many different occasions. There is an adorable little couple too!  I really hope you will go and check out the rest of Rachel's release, as it is filled with so many beautiful designs and there are some fabulous freebies included with all purchases from January's release! Go now to her Etsy shop and check it out!

 

 Supplies used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Puffin Love digital stamp set
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Canon Pixma laser printer
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Thermoweb Decofoil black
  • Heidi Swapp Minc Mini machine
  • Prismacolor Premier Alcohol Marker - Deco Orange PB-130
  • ShinHanart Touch Twin Alcohol Marker -  Orange YR23
  • Copic markers - C2, 3, 5 and 0
  • Stampin' Up! Adventure Bound dsp
  • Tombow Mono Multi glue
  • misc. woodem heart 
  • misc. white card base


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature