Handmade with Love

27 October 2020

Cheers Witches

 

Hello crafty friends! (I meant to post this a few days ago and forgot) It's a bit less than 1 week to go before Halloween, so I thought that I would share a fun card using the Witches Brew digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard.  The witch diving into the bubbling cauldron is just the cutest! She seems to be having a great time, so let's get started!

 
This card came together pretty quickly, which is great when you are limited for time.  I first arranged my 2 images in my Silhouette Studio program and printed them out.  For colours I wanted kind of a fun Halloween colour palette, so I went with green, orange and purple...isn't that what witches normally wear???  To colour my image I just did straight  and simple colouring and didn't do any shading.I did want her to be a bit more of a fabulous witch so I lightly coloured in her polka dot dress in a light green and then went over top of them with a green glitter....because even witches need to sparkle!

Once I had my piece all coloured I added some Glossy Accents from Ranger over the bubbling brew on the cauldron to add some fun to it and also to make it look more liquidy???  I set that aside for a few hours to completely dry, as it takes a bit of time.  Once that was all good and dry, I cut trimmed it down to show the fabulous striped black and white under it.  i thought that paper was so fun and went with the witch perfectly!  I then adhered the striped paper directly to my card base and popped up the image using some craft foam.  Finally I finished it off with a few black matte sequins.

 And there you have it...a super fun and cute witch card for Halloween!  I had fun making this and bringing her to life...I think she needs a name though.

Make sure you head on over to the Polka Dot Orchard website and check out all the great digital sets!  Oh and also all the fall and Halloween sets are on sale right now for 31% off! A great opportunity to grab one or 2.  Thank you so very much for joining me today.  It is really very much appreciated and I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments.  What is your Halloween looking like this year?  Although it may be very different from previous years, I hope you all have fun whatever you may do or just have a nice and relaxing day!

Thank you again and until next time, Michelle 😄


Supplies used: 

  • Polka Dot Orchard Witches Brew digital stamp set
  • Canon Laser printer
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar white 80lb paper
  • MFT Blsck & White Stripes 6x6 paper pack
  • Copic markers - C6, 8, 10, YG25. V09, 15 and 0
  • Prismacolor Premier alcohol marker PB-130
  • Ranger Stickles in Firefly
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid glue
  • craft foam
  • misc white card base

 



 

 

 

 

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature