Handmade with Love

05 October 2020

Iris Ornaments


Hello and happy Monday crafty friends!  I found a technique awhile ago that I have been wanting to try and this weekend I finally sat down and did just that.  My first try with it was alright.  I made a few errors and definitely had a few things that I could improve on, but for a first go at it, I was pleased...if you follow me on Instagram, then you will have seen my first try.  Today I am back with 2 new cards and my second attempt at this technique....I was much more pleased with them this time.

The Iris folding technique is one that has been around for awhile now and although it may look complicated, it isn't a hard as it looks.  It is done by folding and arranging the paper in spiral patterns to resemble the iris on a camera lens.  For my 2 cards I chose 2 sets of co-ordinating sets of paper and some mirror cardstock for the eye of the iris. 

 I started out by diecutting the circle for the ornament and then stamped out my sentiment before, as it was easier first rather than after the paper was added.  Once I had that stamped, I started on my ornament and laying out my spiral pattern. Next I added the string for the ornament and I diecut the top of the ornament from some gold and silver mirror cardstock.  I popped it up on my cardbase using some foam squared and added a few sequins to finish them off.


 
And that's it!  These are kept simple to keep the focus on the paper folding.  It is such a fabulous technique that I can see becoming quite addicting!  There are so many design and paper possibilities to be explored!

 
I really hope you have enjoyed my cards for today and this is most certainly the last of this technique from me!  
Thank you so very much for stopping by today and spending a bit of time with me...it really is very much appreciated!
Thank you again and until next time,
Michelle 😄

 
Supplies Used:
  • Mama Elephant Twinkle Town Stamp set
  • Hero Arts Christmas Trees Coloring Layering Stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Dye ink
  • Stampin' Up! Merry Moments and unknown DSP 
  • Little B Circle dies
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • misc. white cardbase

 
 
 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature