Handmade with Love

19 October 2020

Jars of Peace


Hello and welcome back crafty friends!  This is my second post for today and it is a bit more sombre than the previous.  We all need sympathy cards from time to time, unfortunately and this digital stamp set, Jars of Peace from RachelVassDesign is perfect for making quick but lovely sympathy cards.  And I have 2 clean and simple almost 1 layer cards to share with you made using this set.

To create my first card I took one of the vases and sized it and arranged it using my Silhouette Studio program, added my sentiment in a delicate scripty font and then printed it out. Next I chose a more muted colour palette of browns and green, as I felt those colours may be a bit more soothing.  I did some simple colouring with a bit of shading.  I felt that the card just needed something more to it and I didn't want to add any sequins or anything that would take away from the feel of the card.  So I grabbed 3 small dark grey candy dots from Stampin' Up! and I think they are the perfect touch that compliment the card well. 

 
For card #2 I arranged both of the vase images with one just ever so slightly overlapping the other with the greenery, so as to make it appear it in front of the other.  I added a sentiment again and printed it out.  Next I wanted to add just a bit of colour to it, so I went for kind of an earthy colour palette and started to bring the images to life.  I didn't add anything more to this card as I thought it was perfect just as is.  I trimmed it down and added it to my card base using some liquid adhesive.

 
And that is it for these 2 CAS sympathy cards.  Sometimes less is more, especially when they are this type of card.  I hope you have enjoyed my cards for today.  If you haven't checked out Rachel's Etsy shop yet, please do so and grab one of her digital stamp sets...you won't be disappointed.

Thank you so very much for stopping by today and spending a bit of your day with me.  I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments and why not subscribe so you don't miss out on any future posts.

Thank you again and until next time,
Michelle 😄

Supplies used:
  • RachelVassDesign Jars of Peace digital stamp set
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Canon laser printer
  • Neenan Classic Crest Solar White 80lb paper
  • Copic markers - BG90, 93, W0, 1, 2, 3, B24, 95, 97, YG13, 17, G20, 24, E15, 19, YR21, 23, 24, Y35, 38 and 0.
  • Stampin' Up! Neutrals Candy Dots
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid glue
  • white card base

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature