Handmade with Love

10 October 2020

Ruffled Iris - RachelVassDesign

 

Hello crafty friends and welcome back!  Today is release day over at RachelVassDesign and I have a card to share using the newest digital stamp set, Ruffled Iris.  It includes a very pretty Iris flower and a selection of sentiments to go with it or any other project perfectly!  Shall we get to it?!

I wanted this card to have a peaceful feel to it, so I went for white on white...well almost.  I started out by making the background with a brick wall stencil and some mother of pearl embossing paste.  I didn't want to cover the entire surface with the paste, nor did I want it to have an even coverage.... didn't want it to be perfect.  Once I was happy with the coverage, I set that aside to dry and then moved onto the flower and sentiment.

I resized the individual iris image so that it would cover a good portion of my background and then printed that and the sentiment out.  I wasn't going to add any colour to the flower in the form of a colouring medium, so I turned to a some foiling to add the colour for me. I used a new to me foil, Emerald Watercolor.  It has the prettiest shades of blue, green and gold and exactly as the name suggests they make up a beautiful emerald colour.  The colour also shifts a bit in the light and when you tilt the image.  It's really pretty and was perfect for the iris and all of her gorgeous ruffles!

Once my stencilled background was dry I trimmed it down a bit on all edges 1/4" so that it was 4"x5.25".  I then cut out my iris and sentiment and popped them all up on my cardbase using a mix of craft foam and foam adhesive squares.  All that was left was to add a few sequins.  I could have left them off, as the shine from the embossing paste and the foil was enough, but I felt that the white sequins just added that little bit extra, without being too much as they are more subtle. 

And that's it...that's my card for today!  I love how this came out.  I love the sheen on the mother of pearl embossing paste and combined with the emerald watercolour on the gorgeous iris makes for a beautiful card ready to give to someone that could need a hug or 2 right now.  I hope that you love this card just as much as I do!  

Head on over to Rachel's Etsy shop to grab yourself the newest digital stamp set from her! To make it even better is that she has 40% off everything in her Etsy shop until October 16 - no code needed.  Go on over now and grab yourself some beautiful digital sets.  As the weather is getting cooler now, I know you'll all be crafting a bit more as you spend more time indoors. 


Thank you all so much for spending a bit of time with me today and I hope you all have a wonderful day and take some time to get crafty...especially with some of Rachel's digital images!

Thank you again and until next time,
Michelle 😄

Supplies Used:
  • RachelVassDesign Ruffled Iris digital stamp set
  • Canon Laser Printer
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • MFT Small Brick Wall stencil
  • Viva Mother of Pearl Modelling Creme
  • Palette Knife
  • Thermoweb Decofoil Emerald Watercolor foil
  • Minc machine
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • white craft foam
  • Stampin' Up! foam dimensionals


2 comments on "Ruffled Iris - RachelVassDesign"
  1. That is one very beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much 🙏 That's very kind of you!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature