Handmade with Love

22 October 2020

Webs of Life and some happy news!

 

  Hello and welcome back crafty friends!  We have a cool and rainy Thursday here, so what better day to share a bit of a creepy card and some good news with you all!  First with the good news....I am so happy and very proud to share with you all that I am now part of an amazing group of very talented women as the newest member of the Polka Dot Orchard Creative team!  I am honoured and very thankful that I was chosen to join this team!  So today I am here to share my first official card with them!  Let's get started, shall we?!

So for this card I used this creepy spider web image from the Webs of Life digital stamp set and combined with 2 of my loves....foiling and alcohol inks. This was actually my second card made with this set, but I much prefer this one over the first. For my second attempt I kind of knew what I wanted it to look like, so I went through my stash of alcohol ink backgrounds that I had made last week and I knew when I saw it, that this one was it.  Also because I had the inked background already done, it came together pretty quick. 

 
I used some isopropyl alcohol, blending solution, pitch black alcohol ink, mined alloy and Yupo paper.  The alloy is the most beautiful rose gold metallic!  And I used my air blower to move the inks around with the alcohol and blending solution.  For the web I printed it out on some clear toner sheets, which are made to withstand heat, compared to other clear acetate sheets which will just melt from the heat alone of your printer...trust me, I know this from previous experience 😂

 Once I had it printed out, I heated up my Minc machine and cut out a piece of black foil.  The black isn't metallic like most other foils are, but it is wonderful and shiny!  So it took away the dullness of the black from the printing and gave it a beautiful sheen once I ran it through my Minc machine. I next printed out the sentiment on some white cardstock.  I added the inked panel to a black cardstock base, to give it a bit of interest and also to bring out the black web a bit more.  To adhere the clear acetate to my inked piece I added wee bits of glue under the more solid parts of the web and also under where the sentiment would be, as anywhere else you'd see the adhesive and popped up the sentiment using a small piece of black craft foam.  And to finish it I added it all to my white cardbase with some liquid adhesive.

And that's it!  It is kind of a more simple card in terms of what was involved to create it, but it is most definitely anything but simple! It's also a bit of a departure from my usual, but it is always fun to mix it up too!  If you haven't already, be sure to head on over to the Polka Dot Orchard website ans check out all of the fabulous digital images and more that they have to offer!  All of their Halloween and Fall sets are now on sale for 31% off...a great opportunity to grab one or 2.

As always I thank you for stopping by and spending some time with me.  Until next time,

Michelle 😄

Supplies Used:

  • Polka Dot Orchard Webs of Life digital stamp set
  • Yupo paper
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Pitch Black Alcohol Ink and Mined Alloy
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Blending Solution
  • 96% Isopropyl Alcohol
  • iCraft Decofoil Clear Designer Toner Sheets
  • Decofoil black foil
  • Canon laser printer
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Heidi Swapp Minc machine 
  • white cardstock
  • craft foam
  • white card base 
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid glue

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature