Handmade with Love

18 October 2020

Thank God for Fall

 

Hello and welcome back! Today I am back sharing a new card made using a digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard. It's a simple card but reminds us all that we need to give thanks...for all the little things and the big ones too.

To make this card I took the background sentiment panel and doubled it up, so I could use it as my background.  I then took the 2 leaf images and arranged them into a wreath.  I didn't try to add a certain amount, just however they looked good fit properly.  Once they were all done and arranger properly, I printed it out on kraft cardstock.

 
I then went through my Copic markers and picked out an Autumnal colour palette and added some colour to the wreath.  Once that was all done, I did some very light ink blending using Tea Dye Distress Ink and even though I did print this out on kraft cardstock I wanted to just warm it up a bit...it was perfect.  I wanted to add a little bow to the wreath, because no wreath is complete without a bow.  I didn't have any twine that would go with it and the closest I had was a black and white stripe.  So I had to get a bit creative and I took a bit of my Vintage Photo Distress Ink reinker and a little water and dyed the twine.  I left it in for maybe 3-4 mins and then dried it off.  It came out a perfect match...maybe a bit too perfect.  Anyways the bow was the perfect finishing touch on the wreath. 

I added a piece of white craft foam to the back of it and added it to my card base and adhered the bow on using some multi medium matte liquid glue.  This is a fantastic liquid adhesive that I use all the time for sequins and any other small things, as it is matte when it dries, so if any seep out the edges it cannot be seen.

And that's it!  A somewhat simple Autumn card.  It is very easy to make a beautiful card when you start with some gorgeous images, some ink and a few markers.  I hope you have enjoyed my post for today as much as I enjoyed making it!

Thank you so much for popping by and spending a bit of your day with me, it is very much appreciated!
Thank you and until next time,
Michelle 😄

Supplies used:
  • PolkDotOrchard Thank God for Fall digital stamp set
  • Bazzill Krfat cardstock
  • Canon laser printer
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
  • Picket Fence Life Changing blending brush
  • Copic Markers - Y15, 17, 38, YR23, 24, E15, 19, BG93, 96 and 0
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Reinker
  • K & Company black and white twine
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive 
  • white craft foam
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid glue

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature