Handmade with Love

01 October 2020

Peace On Earth



Hello crafty friends and welcome back!  So I've decided that I really need to show some much needed love to all of my older stamps and supplies that I have and that are just as amazing as all the newer stuff.  And I also need to get a start on some Christmas cards, since they will be even more important to send out this year.  So today I have a CAS (clean and simple) card to share with you all doing just that...using some older products on a Christmas card.

Today's card is a more simple card that doesn't use a lot of supplies, but it is oh so beautiful! I wanted it to have a very peaceful and calm feel to it, so all white it would be except for the sentiment.  So to create this card I cut out 2 hills using my stitched hillside borders from Lawn Fawn. I love them in white as it makes them seem as thought they are covered in snow.  Next I used the Village die set from Simon Says Stamp for the houses and the trees. 


I added the snowy hills to my white card front and arranged and tucked the houses and trees just slightly under the tops of the hills.  I then heat embossed my sentiment, which went perfectly with this peaceful and beautiful winter scene, in platinum embossing powder.  All that was left to do was to add my snow.

 
I wanted the snow to appear as if it was falling over the entire village, so that is why I waited until the card was finished to add the snow.  I used some Ranger Matte Texture paste and a Falling Snow stencil from Simon Says Stamp and added the snow over the whole card front but avoiding going on top of the sentiment.  And that's it!  I absolutely love how this turned out!  It has such a peaceful and serene feel to it and that is definitely something we need right now in our lives. But I must add, that trying to photograph an all white card is so hard to do, so I tried to the best of my ability to show it the best that I could.  It is such a beautiful and perfect winter scene!

 
I hope that you love my card much as I do!  I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments.  Thank you for popping by today and spending a bit of time with me and my peaceful winter village!  I also am adding this card to a few card challenges.  Below you will find the links to them.  

Winter Wonderland Challenge  - snowmen and snow
Jingle Belles  - Dashing Through the Snow
 
Thank you once again for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful and crafty day!  
Until next time, Michelle 😄

Supplies Used:
  • Simon Says Stamp Peace on Earth stamp set
  • Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil
  • Simon Says Stamp Village die
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders die
  • Ranger Matte Texture Paste
  • palette knife
  • Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing powder
  • white cardstock
  • white card base






2 comments on "Peace On Earth"
  1. oh wow! what a beautiful and elegant CAS card! just goes to show you don't need a lot of color or flash if you have perfect lines! so pleased you could join our snowy fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lauren for your kind comment:)

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature