Handmade with Love

01 October 2020

Vintage Art


Hello crafty friends!  I am back with my second post for today.  I actually meant to post this a few days ago, but of course I forgot to.  So better late than never, right?  This card was made for hubby's birthday and was perfect for him, as he is a tattoo artist!  I've actually had this set for several years now, but have only now used it.

I knew I wanted to keep this card more on the simple side, so the focus could be on the fabulous anchor!  So for the background I took all the all the small little images in the set from Lil' inker designs and stamped them randomly using Fog ink from Simon Says Stamp om some ivory cardstock.  The Fog ink is a very light colour, so it would be perfect and not take away from the anchor.  Next I did some ink blending using Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the whole piece.  

 
For the anchor I stamped the anchor and heart images on some white cardstock and did some simple colouring using my Copic markers and then diecut them out.  There actually isn't a matching die for the anchor in the set, so I cut that out using my Brother Scan' N Cut...it cut it out perfectly.  For the sentiment I stamped it out and heat embossed on some heavy weight vellum, as I didn't want it to cover up too much of the anchor.  I then added the background piece directly to my cardbase using a liquid adhesive and popped up the anchor and the heart using some foam squares.  For the anchor as it is vellum and will show pretty much any adheisve through it and I wasn't able to hide the glue underneath anything, I adhered it using some spray adhesive.


And there you have it!  A simple tattoo inspired card for a simple tattooed guy! I was very tempted to add a few sequins to it, but then I decided not to...he's not a very sparkly guy lol.  Anyways he really loved it...the vellum sentiment banner was his fave part, I think!

Thank you so very much for popping in today to pay a wee visit...it is really appreciated!  Do you have someone that would love a card like this?  I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments.  Thank you again and until next time,  Michelle 😄

Supplies used:   
  • Lil' inker designs Vintage Art Stamp and matching die set
  • Simon Says Stamp Fog ink
  • Tim Holtz/Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Picket Fence Life Changing Blending Brush
  • Copic Markers - various colours
  • Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink pad
  • Stampendous Detail Clear Embossing Powder
  • Stampin' Up Heat Tool
  • Bazill Heavy Weight Vellum
  • Hero Arts Antique Ivory Cardstock
  • Spray Adhesive
  • Stampin' Up Dimensional Foam Adhesive
  • Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature