Handmade with Love

30 August 2020

You Light Up My Life


Hello and welcome back crafty friends! Today I am back sharing a DT card made with the newest release from RachelVassDesigns, Bulbs of Flowers and just today it is released! It's such a unique and fabulous stamp set and there are so many possibilities to create something amazing! Oh and also to help celebrate her new design team she currently has 30% in her Etsy store until Sept. 8. No code is needed, just go ahead and shop!

 
For my card today I printed one of the bulbs on heavy weight vellum and I played around a bit with my alcohol inks on Yupo paper. I wanted it to have a bit of a flowy feel to it and have the blue ink where the water in the bulb would be and pink for the flowers, so I placed the inks roundabout where the water and flowers would normally be. The sentiment, which is also from the stamp set, was printed up on white cardstock and attached using foam tape. I then added adhesive to the vellum under the sentiment strip only, as I would be able to hide the adhesive that way (as vellum is transparent, you are able to see most adhesives through it). I added it all to a piece of black cardstock cut slightly larger than the vellum, so as to give it a small black border around the piece and then attached it all to my card base using black craft foam. Finally I added a few clear sequins, under which I added a few spots of liquid adhesive to adhere my vellum piece a little more to my inked piece. And that's it!
 

I really hope you enjoyed my card for this new release. I will have a few more to come as well, but in the meantime there are lots more amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team too, so head on over to Instagram to check it all out. Don't forget to visit Rachel's Etsy shop to grab some beautiful digital images all for 30% off right until Sept.8th, including this one.
Until next time, thank you very much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day, Michelle :)

 

 Supplies used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Bulbs of Flowers digital image
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Alcohol inks Shell Pink and Pool and Alcohol Blending Solution
  • alcohol ink blower
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • heavyweight vellum
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive
  • 3M foam tape
  • black cardstock
  • black craft foam
  • Canon laser printer

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature