Handmade with Love

19 August 2020

Welcome Little One



Today I have THE sweetest little baby cards ever! I had so much fun making these and yes, although they are a bit more involved, they are so worth it! I think anyone would love to receive a fun and cute card like this when they are welcoming a new little one to the world.  The only difference between these 2 cards are the colours for the ink blending and a slight variation with the sequins used. So let's get started shall we! 

I cut out and did everything twice to make these.  To start I cut a piece of mixed media cardstock down to 4.25"x5.5" and started ink blending with Spun Sugar Distress ink and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink. I wanted an ombré look to it, so I concentrated most of the colour at the top of the paper and started blending down from there. I then set them aside to dry and then cut out the background alphabet cover die from white cardstock.
 
 
For the shaker portion I would normally use foam tape to give it the dimension it needs and also to frame the inside shaker part, however I decided to cut out the shaker about 8 or 9 times from cardstock and stack them all up to form the shaker and then glued them altogether. For the top outer layer of the shaker I cut it out with some white pearl metallic cardstock to give it a bit of shine. I cut out a 2.5" circle from acetate for the window and also cut out the same size circle from a piece of ink blended cardstock, the same colour I used for the ombré background for the back of the rattle.  I then adhered all the layers together including the ink blended circle for the back of it, trying to keep the glue towards the outer edges of the circles, in case any liquid adhesive seeped out onto the inner part of the rattle where the sequins would be, to try and avoid the any sequins from sticking to the inside. I used Rangers Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive so that when dry it isn't tacky, so that is a double insurance that sequins wouldn't stick to it in case any adhesive seeped out the edges of the inner circle of the rattle. I then closed off the rattle by adding the clear acetate circle and the top layer of the rattle.


 
 
To adhere the alphabet to the ink blended background I again used the multi medium matte adhesive, as when it dries you won't see any glue that happened to escape the small diecut letters, however next time I think that I will use a sticky double side adhesive made specifically for intricate diecutsthat you apply to the paper before diecutting, that way it is already on there once it is cut.  It will also be a lot easier than a liquid adhesive. For the sentiment I stamped it out using black ink and cut the end into a flag like shape, to give it a bit of interest. I adhered everything to my card base using a mix of double sided tape and a bit of foam tape and finished it off using a few of my favourite clear sparkling sequins. And that's it!

I am absolutely in love with how these card came out! They are just the sweetest baby rattle shaker cards! You can't help but smile looking at them. The only thing is that I would have added a few more sequins to the pink one, but it is still adorable as it gets. I really hope you have enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed making them.

As always thank you very much for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me! I hope you take some time out for yourself to get crafty and have a wonderful day! Thanks, Michelle :)

Supplies Used:



  • lil'inker Alphabet Cover Die
  • My Favorite Things Baby Rattle die
  • Lawn Fawn Little Bundle stamp set
  • Little B circle dies
  • Spun Sugar Distress Ink
  • Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink
  • Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink
  • Taylored Expressions Life Changing Blending brushes
  • Canson Mix Media cardstock
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Neenah Metallic cardstock
  • various Pretty Pink Posh sequins
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive
  • 3M foam tape
  • white card base
  • Bazzill white cardstock





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature