Handmade with Love

15 August 2020

You Can Do Anything


Hello and welcome back! Today I have an extra card that I had made as part of my AECP level 1 final assignment, but in the end I felt that the colours weren't quite right and as pretty as it is, I just didn't think it went with the rest of the set. So here it is!  But I still had to share it with you all!

 
For this card I stamped out one of the beautiful flowers and a few of the leaves from Altenew's Poppy Garden stamp set on a trimmed piece of paper cut at 4.25"x5. I did some masking using the matching Poppy Garden Mask Stencil to have the leaves coming out from behind the flower.  I coloured the images using a few Copic markers......yes, I most definitely to improve my Copic colouring. Once that was all done I placed the masks back on the flower and the leaves using a temporary adhesive so the masks didn't move, so I could stencil over top.
 
I started blending some Morning Frost Crisp Dye Ink using the Feeling Dotty stencil concentrating in the middle and fading out. I then removed that and trimmed down the panel a 1/4" on all 4 sides. I added a thin stripe of black and white striped paper to add some interest...and I love mixing polka dots with stripes too. The key to mixing patterns is to have one a bit softer and/or muted than the other...mixing 2 strong patterns can be a bit much, but it can be done if done properly. I added a sentiment from Altenew's Fancy Greetings stamp set using Jet Black Crisp Dye ink and popped it all up using some craft foam. All that was left was to add a few iridescent jewels!

This is such a pretty stamp set, I'll definitely be turning to it often. I hope you have enjoyed my post for today and thank you so very much for stopping by and spending a few minutes of your day with me. I'd love to hear what you think down below. Until next time...I hope you have a wonderful day and take some time out to get crafty!
Thank you, Michelle :)
 
 
Other Supplies Used:


Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb card stock My Favorite Things Black & White Stripes 6x6 paper pad, white craft foam, Clear Iridescent Jewels from Little Things by Lucy and Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature