Handmade with Love

28 August 2020

Sitting in the Summer Sun


 

Today I am back to share a card made using the newest digital release from Rachel Vass Designs.....Summer Fruit Background. This is the perfect summery image and although the weather has turned a bit cooler here over the last few days, the warmth is sure to return. But in the meantime and while we are waiting, this is sure to make you think happy, warm and summery thoughts!

 
For this card I sized and printed out the image to fit a 4.25"x5.5" card on some white cardstock twice. I grabbed a variety of Distress inks that I thought would match the fruits featured in the image and started blending the inks to match them. I went a bit heavy handed so that the paper would be nice and saturated with the inks.. Once I was happy with the blending, I took the second image I printed out and trimmed it down to fit in the middle of the inked piece and lined it up perfectly with the inked fruits underneath. I then adhered it all to a black base and then added it to my white card base.

I printed out the sentiment and did a bit of blending with the same inks but went a bit lighter with them this time. I popped that up with some foam tape, added a few clear droplets and that's it! I hope you have enjoyed my card for today....I had fun playing around with it and getting inky!
 
 
I know there are plenty of people I'd love to be sitting in the summer sun with, but until we are able to, then a bit of snail mail to let them know I'm thinking of them is the next best thing. Definitely go and check out Rachel's shop as she has so many other wonderful designs. As always I thank you so very much for stopping by...it's really very much appreciated! I hope you all have a wonderful day and take some time out for yourself. Thank you, Michelle :)

 

Supplies used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Summer Fruit Border digital image
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn and Festive Berries
  • Lawn Fawn dye inks - Lobster and Freshly Cut Grass
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
  • 3M foam tape
  • Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets
  • Ranger Multi Medium matte liquid adhesive
  • black cardstock
  • white cardbase

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature