Handmade with Love

17 September 2020

You Are Beautiful New Release - RachelVassDesigns



Hello and welcome back! Yes I know this is my second post in one day, but I couldn't help myself!  I am back to share the second of 2 cards that I made using the newest release from RachelVassDesigns called Bold and Beautiful.  Although they both use the same image, they are both quite different from the other.  This is such a fabulous floral image to colour with any medium that you prefer to use.  For both of mine though I used Copic markers.  Let's get to it, shall we?


For this card I actually played around and paired it with another digital image. I was having a look on Etsy one day for something else and came across some white and grey wood grain digital images and decided to grab some and have a play. So to create this I first started by sizing the wood background to fit a 4.25"x5.5" card base. Next I played around with the sunflower from the Bold and Beautiful stamp set and placed it towards the upper left hand corner and just slightly off the card. The great thing with the images from Rachel is that you can layer them on top of one another and as they don't have a transparent background to them, you won't see the images behind peeking through. It's the digital equivalent of masking with rubber stamps, where you will have one image in the foreground, but is much easier and quicker to do. Once I had my flower and sentiment where I wanted them, I printed out the image and starting colouring the it using a more Autumnal colour palette, compared to my previous card and I also wanted this one to have more of a rustic feel to it. To finish it off, I went around the outside of the flower using a light grey, to give it a bit of a shadow along the petals. Next I added some flecks of black paint to it, trimmed it down and added it to it a black cardstock base, to help it stand out a bit against the white card base. I popped it up using some white craft foam to give it some dimension and added a few clear droplets to finish it off.



 
I had fun playing with the 2 different digital images and I think they go together really nicely! I hope you've enjoyed my second card using the new release from RachelVassDesigns. Don't forget to head on over to her new blog and grab yourself that 20% off coupon to use on her many fabulous designs on her Etsy shop...who doesn't like to save a bit of money, right?! Thank you so very much for stopping by today and spending some time with me. I'd love to hear what you think of my card down below in the comments. Until next time, Michelle :)

Supplies Used:
  • RachelVassDesigns Bold and Beautiful digital stamp set
  • White/grey wood background digital image
  • Canon laser printer
  • Copic Markers - YR00, 21, 23, 24, Y21, C0, C3 and 0
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb. cardstock
  • black cardstock
  • white cardbase
  • Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets
  • Tim Holtz Distress Splatter brush
  • Gansai Tambi black watercolour
  • white craft foam





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature