Handmade with Love

07 September 2020

Alcohol ink and flowers - RachelVassDesigns


Hello....I hope you are all having a wonderful day?!  Today I am back sharing another card made using the newest release from RachelVassDesigns called Bulbs of Flowers. This is such a fun and versatile digital stamp set! For this card I added a bit more drama to it than my previous with the help of some alcohol inks. Let's get started!

 
As I wanted to do something a bit different and more dramatic for this card, so I got out my alcohol inks, one of the new Alloy inks and some black alcohol ink cardstock. I first started by laying down some blending solution, then white ink and then the coloured inks. You need to make sure you are using white alcohol ink in addition to the coloured inks when using the black paper, as the colours will kind of disappear against the black....they need that white layer to make them pop and bring out their vibrancy on the black. I added only a few drops of the Foundry Alloy ink, as a little goes a long way. Foundry is a beautiful colour, I'd call it a bit of a mixed metal...in some light it looks gold and at other times it is silver. It's gorgeous! I kept adding more of the 3 other components until I was happy with how it looked and then set it aside to dry for awhile. I did find it took a bit longer to dry when compared to regular white Yupo paper...maybe it was because it had more ink and blending solution on it than usual. Another thing is that the black cardstock is a lot sturdier and thicker than regular alcohol ink cardstock and/or Yupo paper, so it is able to withstand more ink than normal without warping.



While that was drying I proceeded to colour 2 of the images I had printed from the stamp set. The great thing about digital stamp sets, is that you are able to play around with their sizing and make them whatever size suits your project, but just bare in mind to keep the original proportions or they may look a bit distorted. I grabbed a selection of Copic markers and started to add some colour to the flower bulbs and then cut them out on my Brother Scan N Cut. Once my inked panel was dry, I added the coloured images to it and also the sentiment which is from the same set. I popped them both up using some black craft foam and small foam squares and added it all to my white card base. All that was left was to add a few little dew drops, which looked kind of cool as they all ended up being different colours since they are clear, so whatever colour was underneath on the alcohol inked panel, was the colour they projected. And that's it!

I had quite a bit of fun making this card , so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did while making it. If you haven't already, please give alcohol inks a try! They are such a fun and very unpredictable medium...you never get the same results twice. Also make sure you go on over to Rachel's Etsy shop as she still has 30% off everything until Sept. 8! A great chance to grab some fabulous designs!

As always I thank you so very much for popping by and spending a few minutes with me today! I wish you a wonderful and crafty day. Until next time, Michelle :)

Supplies used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Bulbs of Flowers digital stamp set
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Alcohol inks - Vineyard, Turquoise and Snow Cap, Foundry Alloy and Alcohol Ink Blending Solution
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Black Alcohol Ink cardstock
  • various Copic markers
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Stampin' Up dimensionals
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive
  • black craft foam
  • misc. white card base

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature