Handmade with Love

23 September 2020

Happy Anniversary - RachelVassDesigns


Hello and welcome back! Today is release day over at RachelVassDesigns and it's a super pretty slimline digital design called Fun Flowers Slimline and today I am sharing a card I made using the newest release. It's going to be a great Wednesday when we start off with a new and fabulous digi release! I wanted to keep this card sweet and simple to showcase the beautiful arrangement of flowers. 

I decided not to make it into slimline card as the design is originally meant for, because I wanted to show you the versatility of digital stamp images and how you can tailor them to suit your needs and individual projects.  So to create this I sized down the image to fit my cardbase that measures 4.25"x5.5", which is the size I normally do. I printed off the image and the sentiment once on white cardstock and then printed the image a second time on some masking paper so I could mask off the image and do some stencilling in the background.

Once I had the images printed put I carefully handcut around my masking image and placed it directly on top of it. I then sprayed some repositionable adhesive on the back of my stencil, as that way I wouldn't need to hold my cardstock nor my stencil down using tape and I grabbed a blending brush and my ink and started to lightly blend the ink, concentrating directly around the floral image and fading out towards the edges so it had a faded look and didn't go right to the edge of the panel.

I then removed my stencil and started adding some colour to my image using my Copic markers. I then added flecks of white and gold paint and added my panel to my light grey cardbase using some foam tape once the paint flecks were dry. To complete my card, I popped the sentiment up using some foam tape and added a few iridescent sequins to give it a wee bit of sparkle. And that's it...a very simple and pretty card that is ready to send off to someone special!


And there you have it...a very simple but very pretty card made using the newest release. Please make sure you hop on over on over to Rachel's Etsy shop and grab yourself this newest digital set. It has some great sentiments and a few different variations on the floral image, that will be sure to give you many different ways to use it and be creative!

As always I thank you so very much for stopping by and spending a little bit of your day with me and I'd love to hear down in the comments what you think of my card today. Until next time....I hope you all have the most wonderful and creative day! Thank you, Michelle💖
 
 
Supplies Used:
  • RachelVassDesigns Fun Flower Slimline digital stamp set
  • Canon Laser printer
  • Silhouette Studio software
  • MFT Small Brick Wall stencil
  • Simon Says Stamp Fog Dye ink pad
  • Copic Markers - various colours
  • Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Paint Tarnished Brass and Picket Fence
  • Tim Holtz/Ranger Splatter Paint Brush
  • Taylored Expressions Blending brush
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock
  • 3M foam tape
  • Lucys Cards Iridescent Pink sequins
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid glue

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature