Handmade with Love

12 September 2020

Autumn Blessings



Welcome back and happy Saturday! Today is release day over at RachelVassDesigns and she has another fabulous design for us all! Fall leaves is giving me all the Autumn vibes...I love the simplicity of this design and there are so many possibilities to be had with this!  There is always beauty in the simplest of things and this garland of fall leaves is just that....simple and beautiful.  But although it may be simple, it doesn't make it any less fabulous.  And of course this was just begging to be gold foiled, so off I went, gold foil in hand.

For my card today I combined this new release with a previous one from back in August called Summer Leaf background.. To create my card today I started off by adding gold foil to both images, as it just felt natural and gold foil always just adds a touch of luxury and elegance to anything.  For the piece in the back I did some ink blending over top the gold foil using some Vintage Photo distress ink and it was the clear choice to go with for ink, as they are a perfect combination. I then grabbed some Copic markers in warm earth tones for the leaves. I trimmed down both panels, popped up the smaller one using some foam tape and added them both to my ivory card base.  All that was left was to add the finishing touch of a few clear sequins. 

 
I love how this turned out! It has a wonderful warm and very earthy feel to it! These 2 digital stamp sets go perfectly together…kind of like when summer turns to fall and the leaves start to change colour.


I hope you've enjoyed my card for today as much as I enjoyed making it! Please head on over to Rachel's Etsy shop, where you will find the new release and many other fabulous designs! Thank you all so much for stopping by and I hope you all take some time out for yourself and have a wonderfully crafty day! Until next time, Michelle :)

 

Supplies Used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Fall Leaves digital image
  • RachelVassDesigns Summer Leaf Background digital image
  • Thermoweb Decofoil gold
  • Minc machine
  • Canon laser printer
  • Hero Arts Antique Ivory 100lb cardstock
  • Tim Holtlz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
  • Taylored Expressions blending brushes
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins
  • Copic Alcohol markers E series - 57, 43, 70, 71, 55, 13, 19, 95, 53, 11, 15, 44, 51, 59, 47, 79, 49 and 21
  • Prismacolor Premier Alcohol markers - PB61, PB90 and PB70









Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature