Handmade with Love

19 September 2020

Autumn Border New Release - RachelVassDesigns


Hello and happy Saturday! It's definitely a happy Saturday around here as it is release day over at RachelVassDesigns!  Today we have Autumn Border, which is a beautiful border digital stamp set that is giving me all the Autumnal vibes and is perfect to welcome in the new season, as we are only 2 days away from the official start and I'm here for it...bring on all the boots, cozy sweaters and hot chocolate! Shall we get started?

For today's card I started off by sizing the dual border image and sentiment using my Silhouette Studio program and printed it on a piece of antique ivory cardstock twice...once fir the main piece and a second time for the sentiment.  Once I had it printed out, I grabbed my Vintage Photo Distress Ink and started to blend the ink over the entire piece using a blending brush.
 

Next to bring the borders to life, I grabbed a selection of Copic markers that i thought were in tune with the Autumn and warm feel that I was going for.  I then added some white highlights to the red berries using a white gel pen, which added the perfect touch to it all.  Once that was done, I trimmed it down to 4"x5" and added it to a black cardstock base and using the same black cardstock, I did the same for the sentiment.  I glued the sentiment strip directly to the card front and popped up the entire base using some foam tape to the ivory cardbase.

And that's it!  I really love how this turned out.....way better than I had envisioned it!  It has a wonderful warmth to it and kind of a vintage vibe as well.  I also felt that this sentiment is perfect, as even though we are all going through some very trying and difficult times right now, we can't ever forget that there is always something to be thankful for, no matter how big or small it may be.


 
Please make sure you head on over to Rachel's Etsy shop and grab yourself this wonderful digital stamp set...you won't be disappointed! She has so many beautiful designs, so be sure to check them out! Also head on over to Rachel's Instagram where you find many more inspirational ideas from the whole design team, that I am sure will spark your creativity!

As always, I thank you very much for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me...it is always greatly appreciated! Before you go, why not let me know what you think below in the comments and even subscribe so you don't miss any of my future posts. I hope you all have the most wonderful day and that you take a little time for yourself to get crafty! Until next time, Michelle :)

Supplies Used:
  • RachelVassDesigns Autumn Border Digital Stamp Set
  • Canon Laser Printer
  • Silhouette Studio Software Program
  • Copic Markers - YR21, 23, 24, R35, 39, BG90, 93, 72, 75, 78, 96 and 99
  • Tim Holtz/Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Picket Fence Life Changing Blending brush
  • Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
  • Hero Arts Antique Ivory card stock
  • Black card stock
  • Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue
  • 3M foam tape

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature