Handmade with Love

26 September 2020

Cup of Joe New Release - RachelVassDesigns

Welcome back and happy Saturday! Today we have a brand new release for you from RachelVassDesigns and it's called Cup of Joe. It's the perfect combination of coffee and flowers and is now available in Rachel's Etsy shop.  

I just love the versatility of digital images and how you can adjust them to suit each project individually and also how you can layer images on top of one another effortlessly to get the exact look you are after.  And that is exactly what I did for my first card.  And that is exactly what I did for both of the cards I made for this release, each completely different from the other.

 
For my first card I played around with the size and placement of one of the images from the new release onto some coffee stained script digital paper that I found while browsing Etsy one day. After I had them exactly as I wanted, I grabbed a variety of Copic markers in more of a muted and subtle colour palette, to kind of go with the antique feel of the script paper and started to add some colour to the image. All that was left was to add it to my ivory card base. That's it...a nice and simple almost one layer card.

 
For my second card I again played around with more digi images. I took one of the sentiments from the Cop of Joe release, enlarged it so it would be the focal point of this card and added it to a digital splotch (is that a word???) of a light beige ink. I think it kind of looks like some of the latte might have been spilled. Anyways, I printed it all out on some white cardstock, added it to a black cardbase and added a few iridescent sequins to finish it of. Easy peasy...that's it! Another super simple but very pretty card and I love the mix of the fonts in this set too!

I absolutely love the versatility and all the options that digital stamps and images give you. The creative ideas are endless with them! If you haven't played around with digital stamps yet, what are you waiting for? If you have a computer or even a tablet, a printer and some cardstock then you are all set to go with them...you don't need alot of supplies to get started and lost in the digital world.
 

Head on over to Rachel's Etsy shop and grab yourself this set today. She now also has over 50 beautiful digital sets in her shop, so there is sure to be something to catch your attention and get the creativity flowing. You will also find lots of inspiration on Rachel's blog and Instagram from the design team.

 
Thank you so very much for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me. It is really very much appreciated! I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments. I hope you have the most wonderful day and take some time to get crafty! Until next time, Michelle :)

 

Supplies Used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Cup of Joe digital stamp set
  • various Copic Markers (I forgot to write down what colours I used)
  • Canon Laser printer
  • Canon Inkjet printer
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Microsoft Excel program
  • Coffee stained script digital image
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Hero Arts Antique Ivory cardstock
  • misc. black cardbase
  • light pink iridescent sequins



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature