Handmade with Love

11 September 2020

Bulbs of Flowers - RachelVassDesigns


Hello and welcome back! I hope you've all been well since last time. Today I am back to share another card made with the newest release Flowers of Bulbs digital stamp set from RachelVassDesigns. This is such a pretty set and there are so many possibilities for it! i couldn't help but make 3 cards with it. This is the 3rd card I am sharing with you today. Let's get started, shall we?

 
To create my card today I started off by taking 2 of the 3 bulb images and designing a background/patterned paper using them in my Silhouette Studio software program. I also enlarged one of the bulbs on its own to make it a focal point. The wonderful thing with digital stamps is that you can resize them as big or small as you want, you can design patterned paper with the images and you can layer them without having to mask off images as you would normally with traditional stamps. The possibilities are truly endless! I then printed them out and coloured the lone bulb using some Copic markers. Next I trimmed down the patterned paper to fit slightly smaller than my card base plus a bit extra to accommodate the little strip of black and white diagonal striped paper. I added it all to my card base, popping up each layer for some added interest and added a strip of the same striped paper just under the sentiment, to tie it all in. All that was left was to add a few pink iridescent sequins and that's it!

 

I wanted this card to have more of a pretty/feminine feel to it, in contrast to the more dramatic feel of the last card. I hope you have enjoyed today's card and that you will give digital stamps a try, if you haven't already! Please hop on over to Rachel's Etsy shop to see all of her wonderful designs...she is a very talented artist! Until next time I hope you all have a wonderful and crafty day and thank you so very much for popping by today, Michelle :)

Supplies used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Bulbs of Flowers digital stamp set
  • Copic markers - RV000, 00, 91 and 93, R84, 83 and 85, B00 and 01, BG90 and 93, C00 and 0 colourless blender
  • MFT Black & White Stripes 6x6 paper pack
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Little Things from Lucy's Cards pink iridescent sequins
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive
  • Stampin' Up dimensionals
  • misc white card base
  • Canon printer

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature