Handmade with Love

31 March 2021

With brave wings she flies - La Casetta Sull'albero di Chicca

 


Hello and welcome back!  It's Michelle sharing a super cute card and tutorial with this absolutely adorable little girl, Flowers Gem from La Casetta Sull'albero di Chicca.  Isn't this butterfly just the sweetest?!  I love that with all of the images in their Etsy shop you get 2 different versions - one is a blank canvas for you to colour and the other is already coloured for you...and may I say they are coloured amazingly!  So I am definitely taking advantage of the pre-coloured ones, because I could never colour as good as she has.

For my card today I wanted to keep it fairly simple, to keep all the focus on this sweet girl.  To start I printed off my image and cut it out using my Brother Scan N Cut.  The Scan N Cut is a life saver if you are not a fan of fussy cutting, which I am not. I then set her aside and did a bit of ink blending.  I grabbed a light shade of distress oxide ink, a blending brush and a piece of mixed media paper and started to lightly blend from the bottom right corner and upwards, concentrating more towards the bottom and fading up but not going right to the edges.

I then sprayed the inked paper with some water using my Distress Sprayer.  It adds kind of sporadic water droplets.....some big, some small and kind of random and it lifts the ink where the water fell leaving spots of white.  It is kind of hard to see in my photos, as the ink is a bit light but they are there.

To add more interest to the background I grabbed a white and a black watercolour pan and added some small flecks of paint to it.  I did the white first and hit it with my heat gun to speed up the drying time and then the black. Again the white flecks are hard to see but they are there. 
 
I then added it all to my card base including my sentiment using some craft foam.  To add the finishing touch I grabbed my box of sequins and chose a few clear droplets to finish it off.  These are the perfect little touch to it.....kind of like waterdroplets on the flower petals.


I hope you have enjoyed my card for today.  This is such a sweet image and I really enjoyed working with her.  If you haven't already, head on over to Sabrina's Etsy shop and grab yourself one of the beautiful images and start creating something magical!  She has some really cute ones to pick from!

 I thank you very much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful and crafty day,  

Michelle 💗

I am also linking this up to the Bastel-traum challenge #99 where it is butterfly themed this month.

Supplies used:

  • Flowers Gem digital image
  • Silhouette Studio 
  • HP DeskJet 3750 printer
  • Brother Scan N Cut
  • Canson Mixed Media paper
  • Ranger Distress Oxide - Tumbled Glass
  • Taylored Expressions blending brush
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Gansai Tambi 36 pan watercolour set - black and white
  • Winsor & Newton 111 paintbrush
  • Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer bottle
  • Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets
  • white craft foam
  • Art Glitter glue
  • misc white card base

 



4 comments on "With brave wings she flies - La Casetta Sull'albero di Chicca"
  1. This is a very lovely card - I love your colouring! Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.
    Hugs and good luck
    Stephanie Klein
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card, love your creation, your colouring, just all!

    Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Claudia
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature