Handmade with Love

16 March 2021

On Angel's Wings - The Hedgehog Hollow

 

 Hello crafty friends! I'm popping in today with my first design team project and post for The Hedgehog Hollow!  Every month you get a box packed full of crafty goodies and they are a different theme very month...it is pretty fabulous!  I am so very excited and honoured to be working with them and part of a very talented team! This month the box is pretty magical....it's all about the fairies!

 


 I decided to keep this card fairly simple and just focus on these gorgeous wings!  I first started out by ink blending 2 shades of blue Distress Oxide inks on a piece of mix media paper and gave it a bit of an ombré look, concentrating the darker of the 2 colours towards the top and gradually blending down into the lighter blue. I used light blues and I wanted it to kind of have the feel of the wings soaring through the blue sky.  

I set that aside to dry and heat embossed the wings from the A Brush of Wings stamp set from this months box on a piece of heavy weight vellum, as it takes heat better than regular vellum. To stamp out the wings I used the Maker Forte Color Hive - Clear - Embossing Glue Ink Pad. This ink works beautifully for embossing as it stays wet long enough for you to emboss and it's nice and sticky for your embossing powders to stick to. I wanted the wings to have that sparkle that all fairies do, so I used a metallic silver sparkle powder and it was perfect!  For the sentiment I used the same stamp set and stamped it using Maker Forte's Color Hive - reMARKkable Ink Pad - Eclipse Black. This ink is a really nice, intense and true black that stamps out really nice and crisp....I only needed to ink it up 1 time and it was perfect. I love how on the ends of the word wish in this sentiment it has little hearts....such a sweet little detail. 

Anyways.....I trimmed down my inked panel so that it would have nice and clean edge, popped that up on my card base using some foam tape, and added the wings and a few clear sequins using a liquid adhesive that dried matte, just in case any seeps out form under you won't it once dry.

And that's it for my card for today! I love how simple this is and those wings are the main focus...as they should be...they are beautiful! This is such a fun box that there is most definitely more to come! I can't wait to play with the rest of it!

  Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have the most wonderful and crafty day,    Michelle 💗

 

Supplies Used:

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature