Handmade with Love

11 March 2021

Thank you for believing in me - RachelVassDesigns

 

Hello crafty friends!  I'm popping in today to share a card made using the Freshly Picked digi, one of the new releases from Rachel Vass Designs.  This is a really pretty cluster of flowers....I like to think they are big and fluffy peonies.  I used my alcohol inks for these and but not using the normal paper that you associate with the inks.  



With alcohol inks we are always told that you need a non-porous surface for the inks, so that they can move ans blend and make magic....which is absolutely true.  In order for them to blend and act as they should, you need to use a non-porous surface or paper.  But I decided to try something different.  I had read somewhere (can't remember now) one day that you could use watercolour paper for them.  So I set on a mission to see if you really could.  Well, the rumours are true...you absolutely can!  For this cards I used a mix media paper, so was a bit thinner than a watercolour paper, but it worked perfectly! Yes you don't get the same results nor do you have as much playing time with them as you would on say a Yupo paper because it is obvious;y a more porous paper, but you definitely use it.  Give it a try!

To begin I printed my image and then added a whole lot of isopropyl alcohol...more than normal (I pretty much flooded the paper with it).  I then added my inks and started to move them around and dry the inks, as I normally do.  I let it dry completely and then cut it out by hand.

I wanted to add a bit of drama to it, so I embossed a panel of black cardstock using a polka dot 3D embossing folder.  It is hard to see the embossed polka dots, but they are there. I added some flecks of gold paint to the black panel, gold foiled the sentiment and added a strip to of gold mirror cardstock to the bottom of it to tie in the gold in the flowers.  I added it all to my cardbase with some foam tape and added the final touch of a few clear droplets.


I hope you have enjoyed my card for today...a bit of drama for your Thursday.  Definitely give this a try on some mix media or watercolour paper.  It's super fun playing with these inks!  Have fun and experiment!  You won't know until you try!

Thank you very much for stopping by and spending some time with me.  Don't forget to hit the subscribe so you don't miss out on anything!  

I hope you all have a great day and until next time,  Michelle 💖
 

Supplies used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Freshly Picked digital stamp set
  • Silhouette Studio
  • Canon Pixma laser printer
  • Canson mix media paper
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz alcohol inks - Coral and Salmon
  • Octopus Fluids - Gold Rush pigment
  • 99% isopropyl alcohol
  • alcohol ink hand puffer
  • Minc Mini 
  • Gold Deco Foil
  • Tonic Studios Harvest Gold mirror card stock
  • Gansai Tambi No.901 Blue Gold watercolour paint
  • paint brush
  • We R Memory Keepers Polka Dot 3D embossing folder
  • black card stock
  • black cardbase
  • 3M foam tape
  • Be Creative/Sookwang double sided adhesive



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature