Handmade with Love

20 March 2021

Listen to the Colours of your Dreams - La Casetta Sull'albero di Chicca

Hello and happy Saturday!  Today I am back sharing my version of a galaxy card for La Casetta Sull'albero.  And of course I turned to my alcohol inks to help me out with this.

For my card I used the super cute and dreamy image Chicca Moon. ....isn't she just the sweetest. With their images you get one image that is a blank canvas void of colour and then a second fully coloured image....which tbh is brilliant!  Although I do love being able to add my creative twist to the images, having them already done and coloured for you is fantastic!  So for my card today I printed out the un-coloured image and only added some colour to the moon.  I wanted it to match the sentiment, which says Listen to the Colours of your Dreams, so I wanted it to appear as if her dreams were in colour coming from the moon, if that makes sense. 

Once I had the image coloured I grabbed a piece of black Yupo paper and some alcohol inks.  I went with a palette of blue, pink and purple with some gold added.  With black paper you always need to add some white to the colours, since the inks are transparent you won't see them that well on the black, so adding the white just really makes them pop and stand out and you really see how vibrant they truly are.  So I just added some alcohol to my paper, then white ink and the chosen colour with the gold and I just started to move around the inks with my hand puffer.  I added some flecks of gold watercolour paint to my background to make them look like golden stars in the night sky.  I think I will do a tutorial for this soon.

To finish off my card I popped up my inked panel, image and sentiment using some craft foam and added a few sparkly stars to the night sky.  And that's it!  This card came together relatively quickly and I love how it turned out.  The inks on the black are just fantastic!  If you haven't tried black yet, I definitely recommend you try some!  I hope you like my take on the galaxy background, as much as I do.

If you haven't checked out their Etsy shop, please head on over now...they have the cutest images and they have some amazing new releases coming up soon!  And you cam check out their blog post here and more inspiration from the rest of the design team.

Thank you so very much for stopping by today, it is really appreciated!  I'd love to hear what you think down below in the comments and why not subscribe to my blog...that way you won't miss out on anything coming up!  I hope you all have a wonderfully crafty day and until next time,  Michelle 💗


Supplies used:

  • La Casetta Sull'albero di Chicca - Chicca Moon digital image 
  • HP printer
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz alcohol inks - Cobalt, Vineyard, Fiesta and Snowcap
  • Octopus Fluids alcohol ink - Gold Rush metallic
  • 99.9% isopropyl alcohol
  • alcohol ink hand puffer
  • Copic markers - Y11, 13, 15 and 0
  • Ranger black Yupo paper
  • Gansai Tambi Starry Colors 6 pan watercolor paints - blue gold and yellow gold
  • fine tip paint brush 
  • Stampin Up! foam dimensionals
  • black craft foam
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid glue
  • Pretty Pink Posh clear sparkling stars
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature