Handmade with Love

01 March 2021

Adventure Waits...Go Find It - La Casetta Sull'albero di Chicca

 

Hello and happy March 1st!  Yeah to a new month and 1 day closer to Spring!  Today I have a card to share with you as an official member of the Casetta Sullalbero design team.  I am so excited to be part of this team...their images are fantastic!

Today is release day over there and I have used the Jessica Fletcher digital image for my card.  Have you been on any adventures lately?  This explorer has her magnifying glass in hand and is ready to go!

 
 
All of their images are so super duper cute, and whimsical!  They are also unique in a way that other digital images aren't...they come with 2 copies of each image....1 is a black ready to colour image and the other is a pre-coloured ready to print image.  Having one image that is already coloured for you is fantastic and so practical, especially when you are in a hurry, as it definitely cuts back on the time spent making the card.  So of course I took full advantage of this, because let's face it...I could never colour her as good as they did.  
 
So to begin I first printed and cut out my image using my Brother Scan N Cut.  Next for the background I took a piece of mix media card stock and cut it out using a stitched rectangle die and did some ink blending.  I started off using some Fog grey ink but it just wasn't dark enough for me, so I then went in with Pumice Stone and Weathered Wood Distress inks and they gave me the perfect blend of colours. 
 

Next I used my Distress Spritzer and spritzed my paper with water and made sure to get some nice big drops on it...I wanted it to have lots of texture.  I waited a few minutes for it to dry a bit and stamped my background image using my Misti stamp positioner to ensure I got a good impression.  I again started with the same Fog grey ink as I wanted it to kind of have a tone on tone look to it, but it wasn't quite dark enough.  So I then stamped the image using the Pumice Stone Distress Ink and it was perfect!  And although distress inks do not stamp out perfectly, it was exactly what I wanted...a nice distressed look to it.

All that was left was to add it all to my white card base using some white craft foam to pop it all up and then added the final touch of some glossy accents to her magnifying glass, to give the glass a shiny look and a few white sequins. 

That's it!  I really love how the arrows all point to Jessica our adventurer...pretty much telling her to go and explore.  Where will your next adventure take you to?  If you haven't yet checked out their Etsy shop, please head on over now as they have such cute and whimsical images....perfect for so many ideas! 

Thank you so very much for stopping by today and spending a bit of time with me.  If you haven't subscribed yet, I'd love for you to become one...that way you don't miss out on any future posts and crafty ideas.

I hope you have a wonderful and crafty day and until next time, Michelle  💖

 

Supplies Used:

  • Casetta Sullalbero Jessica Fletcher digital image
  • Canon laser printer
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Brother Scan N Cut
  • Canson Mix Media paper
  • Distress Ink - Weathered Wood and Pumice Stone
  • Simon Says Stamp Fog dye ink
  • Taylored Expressions blending brush 
  • Create A Smile Arrows stamp
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Pretty Pink Posh Marshmallow sequins
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer bottle
  • white craft foam
  • Art Glitter glue
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature