Handmade with Love

15 March 2021

Clever Dexter Challenge #15 - Stampers Delight

Well we are at the halfway mark for this month's challenge over at the Clever Dexter Challenge blog.  Our sponsor for this month is Stampers Delight and I used their beautiful floral image Rose 1 for my card for today.

The theme for the challenge this month is all about the Watercolour Backgrounds and although it may be hard to see, I did do a light wash of grey watercolour over my background, so as not to distract from the soft pastel watercolour of the floral image. 

I printed my image out on a mixed media paper, which is good for both dry and wet techniques.  And although it can't take lots of water like a traditional watercolour paper can, this worked just fine for my project.  I decided to use a palette of soft pastel tones of a pinky-peach, light blue, green and a grey.  Some of the water did kind of lighten the lines of the image in a few areas, but I think that kind of worked for the look I was going for here. Once I was happy with the watercolouring of the image, I added a light grey wash of colour for the entire background.  Thid also helped with some of the paint that had bled outside the lines and blended that out as well.

Once that was all dry I ran it through my Minc Mini with some gold foil and it added the perfect little touch and then I die cut it using a stitched rectangle die and added some splatters of gold metallic paint.  I added the gold foiled sentiment strip to my diecut panel and popped it all up on my light pink cardfront using some white craft foam and then finished it off with my go to embellishments....a few sparkling clear sequins.

And that's it!  I hope you have enjoyed my card for today and for this month's Watercolour Challenge over at the Clever Dexter Challenge Blog. I really hope that you will join us this month, as you have a chance at winning a few digital images from Stampers Delight.  I also have a super cute card coming later this month as part of the challenge that uses an absolutely adorable image from our sponsor!

Please head on over to the blog for all details on how to enter your creations to the challenge.  Thank      you so very much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful and crafty day.                   Until next time, Michelle 💗


Supplies Used

  • Stampers Delight Rose 1 digital image 
  • Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers - 220 Tea Rose, 069 Blush, 302 Haze Blue, 098 Pale Dawn Gray, 043 Olive Green, 046 Mid Green, 093 Green Gray, 94 Gray Brown, 95Dark Gray and 97 Pale Gray
  • Altenew Water brush
  • Canson 120lb Mix Media paper
  • Silhouette Studio
  • Canon Pixma laser printer
  • Gansai Tambi Blue Gold No.901 watercolor
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins
  • Decofoil gold foil
  • Mini Minc machine
  • white craft foam
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid adhesive
  • Light pink card base


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature