Handmade with Love

18 November 2020

Merry Happy Christmas Slimline card

 

Hello and welcome back!  Today I have a fabulous new Say It Slimline design called Happy Merry Christmas from PolkaDotOrchard that will make it so easy to pump out those Christmas cards, but will still look amazing!  We all know that slimline cards are all the rage right now in the cardmaking world, so this new style from PDO is perfect! Keep on reading to see how I created this fabulously foiled card!

 

If this is your first time here, I should put out a disclaimer that I am in LOVE obsessed with foiling! I mean if I could foil everything, I would!  So when I saw this new design I immediately had a vision for it...I wanted each of the words foiled a different colour, but this I had never attempted before, however I was up for the challenge (what kind of crafter would I be if I wasn't).  So I picked 5 different colours of foil...4 traditional colours (because as much as I love seeing all of the gorgeous creations and decorations in shades of pink and teals, I am a traditional Christmas girl at heart) and 1 non- traditional....red, green, gold. silver and iridescent.


 I always keep all of my foil scraps and they certainly came in handy for this card.  This was like putting together a puzzle of foil and it definitely tried my patience and I won't lie, a few swear words may have been said as well.  So at first I just laid the pieces very carefully and so as to try not to overlap other words.  After they started moving around every now when I would bump it in the slightest or even breathe, I decided to tape them all down (I had to redo them about 5x..that's where the curse words came in 😂).  First I had to make sure the tape wouldn't melt from the heat of the Minc, so I sent a little test strip through and I happy to report back that tape doesn't melt going through it!

So once I had them all in place, I sent it through my preheated Minc machine.  When I peeled off all of the foil,  I was like a child on Christmas morning!  I still get giddy everytime I foil a piece...it truly is a thing of beauty!  There are just a few spots that didn't foil perfectly, as I realized after that the foil got a bit wrinkled, but for my first time doing a foil puzzle, I am pretty pleased!  

Anyways, I then trimmed it down a wee bit on all 4 edges and trimmed down some pieces of gold mirror cardstock and some red glitter as well.  I wanted them to just give a slight frame to the foiled piece, as I  wanted them to sort of compliment it and not take over.  All it needed was just a wee bit more sparkle by way of some clear sparkling sequins and it is perfect!

I love the clean and simple look to this, but it really packs that WOW factor!  Not only is this new Say It Slim design fabulous, but paired with that foil, it definitely adds a bit of drama to it.  If you haven't checked out the PDO shop yet, please head on over...there are so many amazing designs and some great ones for Christmas, if you are like me and have yet to start on your Christmas cards yet.  But what's even better, is that right now there is still a birthday celebration going on, so you can get this and many others for 37% off including stencils! 

As always thank you so very much for stopping by and spending a bit of time with me!  I'd love to hear what you think down below in the comments and don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss out on any future posts.  

Thank you again and until next time,   Michelle


Supplies used:

  • Merry Happy Christmas Say It Slim slimline digital stamp set
  • Canon laser printer
  •  Thermoweb Decofoil red, green, gold, silver and iridescent
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • Heidi Swapp Minc machine
  • Pretty Pink Posh Clear Sparkling sequins
  • American Crafts Christmas Glitter 6x6 paper pack
  • Tonic Studios Polished Gold mirror cardstcok
  • Art Glitter glue



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature