Handmade with Love

09 November 2020

 

Hello and happy Monday!  We are starting off the week with a new digi from Polka Dot Orchard called Oh Happy Day and something new for me.  Slimline cards are very popular right now amongst cardmakers, so I thought that I would give it a go and make my very first one!  How could I not when this super fun digi was released and designed for this type of card in mind!  Let's get to it!

I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this image as soon as I saw it and that called for some foil!  But not just any foil but some gorgeous iridescent foil!  You have no idea how hard this was to photograph...not only because it is longer than the usual A4 size that I do, but also because of the iridescence.  But in the end I got it perfect with me at my back door...it let in some amazing natural light!  Anyways on to creating this.

 
I started off by sizing it down a bit smaller than my card base of 7.75"x3." I then ran it through my Minc machine with a piece of foil cut just a wee bit larger than my cardstock.  I allowed that to cool for about 15 secs once it came out and then marvelled at the beauty of iridescent foil!  I know I say this everytime, but it truly is gorgeous and if I could foil everything, I really would 😂.  

Anyways I added a bit of colour to the balloon, the banner and the wee bits of confetti throughout with my Copic markers.  I also added some Glossy Accents to the balloon to just make it pop a bit more.  I then added a layer of iridescent cardstock behind it make it even more fabulous and then a layer of black, to just ground it a bit.  I think that really brings out the iridescent layer even more, instead of forgoing the black.   

That's it!  This is more of a simple card, but the fun new Say It Slim design is really all you need and paired with all of that amazing iridescence it really takes it to another level!  I love all the different colours it brings out in it!  

If you haven't already checked out all of the amazing and fun digital designs over at Polka Dot Orchard, then what are you waiting for?  But even better right now is that they are having a birthday celebration, so you can save 37% on all stamps and stencils in the shop, including this one!  It is a perfect time to try some digital stamps for the first time if you've been curious or even to add to your ever growing collection!  And the great thing about digital stamps is that you don't have to wait for shipping time, as you get them almost immediately after purchasing and they don't take up any shelf space, so no worries about fitting them in your storage.  

Thank you all so very much for stopping by today and spending a bit of time with me.  It is greatly appreciated!  Don't forget to let me know down below what you think of today's card and also to avoid missing out on any future posts, why not give me a follow!

I hope you find some time to get crafty today.  Thank you again and until next time,  Michelle  😄


Supplies Used:

  • Polka Dot Orchard Oh Happy Day digital stamp set
  • Thermoweb Decofoil Iridescent foil 
  • Minc machine
  • Copic markers - various colours
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • misc black cardstock
  • misc. iridescent cardstock
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Tombow Multi Mono liquid glue
  • Canon laser printer



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature