Handmade with Love

06 November 2020

Bountiful Blooms - RachelVassDesigns


 
Hello and welcome back crafty friends!  Today I am sharing a card made with one of the newest digi releases for November from RachelVassDesigns called Bountiful Blooms.  This set is filled with beautiful blooms including a background image, a slimline version and different sentiments perfect for this season of gratitude. I used the background image for my card today.  Shall we get started?


 
To create my card I started by printing off the background image on a piece of mix media paper and the sentiment on some ivory cardstock using my laser printer.  I knew from the beginning that this needed to be covered with some gold foil, so off I went next with gold foil in hand.  I trimmed sown the gold foil just slightly larger than my cardstock and sent it through my preheated Minc machine twice.  I allowed it to cool for about 30 seconds and then peeled back the foil and marvelled at the beauty that is a gold foiled image..it gets me everytime!  It truly is a thing of beauty!


 
Next I coloured in the flowers with some green Copic markers/  I didn't do any fancy colouring nor blending.  Just some simple light flecks with the the markers and a bit of some very light blending.  Once I had all the flowers as I wanted them I went in with some Distress Ink blending.  I grabbed beige/grey colour that kind of has an earthy tone to it, as that is the look I was going for.  I added gave the piece a few sprays of water using my Distress Sprayer, which gives you kind of random drops of water...both big and small.  I left the water drops on for about 20 secs...the longer you leave them, the more water they will lift.
 
To finish it I diecut the background using a stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn and used a smaller one for the sentiment. I adhered the background piece directly to the cardbase and added some craft foam behind the sentiment.  And that's it!  

I hope you have enjoyed my card for today, as much as I enjoyed making it.  This new digi set is now available in Rachel's Etsy shop.  Make sure you head on over and grab a set for yourself.  I guarantee you won't be disapointed!

 
Thank you so very much for stopping by today and spending a bit of your day with me.  I hope you all have a most wonderful day and take some time to be crafty!  
Until next time!  
Thank you,  Michelle 😄

Supplies Used: 
  • RachelVassDesigns Bountiful Blooms digital stamp set
  • Canon laser printer
  • Silhouette Studio software
  • Heidi Swapp Minc Machine
  • Thermoweb Gold Decofoil
  • Copic Markers - BG90, BG93, BG96 and 0
  • Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Ink in Pumice Stone
  • Taylored Expressions Blending Brush
  • Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Sprayer water bottle
  • Hero Arts Antique Ivory cardstock
  • Canson Mix Media Cardstock
  • craft foam
  • Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue

for the In Love Rose image: Copics RV91, 93, 95, BG90, 93, 96 and 0
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature