Handmade with Love

06 May 2021

Wheb Music Gives Us Life - The Hedgehog Hollow Subscription Box


Hi friends! Michelle here sharing a card made with the new Hedgehog Hollow Subscription box for May. This months box is filled with lots of goodies all about music....it's bound to get you inspired! Although I am not very musically gifted (I did play a mean recorder back in elementary school lol), I adore everything in this months box! From the stencils, to the sentiments, the images and also all of the ephemera! I know will definitely be making lots of music themed cards this year!

 

 I knew right away when I saw the Music Speaks stamp set what I wanted to do. First I cut out a heart and stamped several times using the music heartbeat image using the Eclipse Black ink. Next I lightly ink blended using the Color Hive Rah Rah Skirt ink pad. This ink is a neon pink, but you can get a really nice soft pink shade using a light hand. 

I stamped the sentiment using the Color Hive Clear Embossing ink pad on some heavy weight vellum and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I like to use heavy weight velum when heat embossing, as I find it can withstand the heat more than regular vellum.

 
For the background I inked up the wavy musical staves image and did some second generation stamping. The same black ink was used, but I first stamped it on a piece of scrap piece paper and then on my white cardstock for a lighter image. This was done 2x as it isn't quite big enough to fit the entire paper, so I did the top half and then the bottom half. 
 
The heart was adhered using some foam squares for added dimension. And then the vellum was wrapped around the card and secured in the back with some tape. It was all added to a black A2 cardbase with some craft foam and finished it off with a few clear droplets.
 
 I had lots of fun making this card! This is such a perfect box for those music lovers out there!
I hope you all have the most wonderful and crafty day!  
Until next time, Michelle 💗 
 
 
 
Supplies Used:
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature