Handmade with Love

17 May 2021

Enjoy Little Moments - Maker Forte

 

Hi there and welcome back! I'm sharing a slimline card using a new stamp set featuring a gorgeous dahlia flower and a bit of stencilling. I adore the look of a stencil and some white texture paste to make a background for a beautiful floral! It adds that little bit extra to it without distracting your eye from the floral. And just something about the crisp and clean white paste on a white background is absolute perfection!

 

I used the Be Dahlia You stamp set which features a big and bold floral image and lots of different sentiments. Both the stamp set and the stencil I used are perfect for slimline cards, but they could equally be used on an A2 card. For the background I used the Bubble Stroke slimline stencil and some texture paste. I love the pattern of this stencil and how it curves along the length of the card! 

I used the Eclipse Black ink pad for the flower and coloured it using a few Copic markers. For the background paper I went to the Black to Basics Slimline paper pad. As well as the white texture paste, another one of my faves is to add a black and white background paper to a floral image. I love the fun contrast you get from it!

 I embossed the sentiment in white on Eclipse Black cardstock using the Clear Embossing ink pad. A trick for removing the white residue from the anti-static powder from black cardstock??? I go over it at the end with an ever so slightly damp towel to remove the powder and bring it back to its beautiful black colour! Works like a charm everytime! To put it all together I adhered my 2 pieces of cardstock together and popped them up on my cardbase. For the flower I added foam adhesive to the back of it and added it to my stencilled piece. All that was left was to pop up the sentiment and add few scattered black pearls...and that's it!
 

I really love how this came together! Just some simple stencilling and a beautiful floral...that's all you need! I really love how the stencil keeps your eye moving the length of the card! As well how the stencil curves in the opposite direction of the dahlia...perfect!

hope you have enjoyed my card for today. It is very much appreciated that you stopped by today...thank you very much :) I hope you all have the most wonderful and crafty day!  

Until next time,
Michelle💗


Supplies Used:



 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature