Handmade with Love

23 May 2021

Thanks For All The Little Things - SpiegelMom Scraps

 

 
Hi crafty peeps!  Today I am sharing a card I made as part of a hop with the rest of my sparkly design team over at SpiegelMom Scraps on Instagram.  It is a get to know the team hop, so I used all my favourite techniques/styles on this card and combined with some of my favourite products!



For the flowers I again turned to my favourite Magical Shakers from Lindys Gang.  I grabbed a piece of watercolour cardstock...I am not sure of the size, but was big enough for all the flowers and leaves.  First I sprinkled the powder onto my paper, spritzed it with water, allowed it to dry and then heat embossed in gold over top all of the flowers as well as the leaves from the Poppy Garden stamp set from Altenew and fussy cut them out.
 
For the background I used the Bitty Diagonal Stripe stencil from Pigment Craft Co. and did it twice using matte texture paste, but the 2nd time I placed the stencil going the opposite way to create the plaid kind of pattern.  Once it was dry I added some navy blue and gold paint splatters.

 For my sentiment I cut placed a piece of the gold Fab Foil from SpiegelMom Scraps onto a piece of cardstock and die cut it.  This foil is pretty amazing!  You can get the look of foil without having to need a hot foil machine ie. a Minc or a laminator.  You just peel and stick this foil!  The shine is incredible...it's like looking in a mirror! I then diecut it twice using the Fancy Thanks die from Altenew...1x from the gold mirror cardtsock and a second from black cardstock to give a little shadow behind it.  For the sub-sentiment I heat embossed it on black using white embossing powder.

To complete my card I used some craft foam to pop up my stencilled piece on the cardfront.  Liquid glue was used to adhere the flowers directly to my cardbase as well as the thanks diecut and foam squares to add the sub-sentiment directly underneath it.

For the sequins I grabbed the Winter Wonderland sequin mix and picked out a few of the blue flat sequins and added them to my card.  This sequin mix is beautiful!  I love being able to either use the entire mix or just pick certain elements from it to match your project perfectly!

I love how this turned out!  This is the same powder as I used 2 posts back for my In the Mood for Color class for my AECP, but not adding too much water allowed the colours to stand out more and not blend so much.

Thank you so much for joining me today.  Don't forget to use my code MICHELLE15 to save 15% on anything in the SpiegelMom Scraps shop...stock up on your sequins!

Thank you again for joining me...it is always greatly appreciated!  I would love to hear what you think down below and if you love what you see, why not become a subscriber!  I hope you all have the most wonderful and crafty day!  Until next time,
Michelle 💗



Supplies Used:
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature