Handmade with Love

01 February 2021

Not all who wander are lost - Clever Dexter Challenge #14

 

 Hello and happy Monday friends! Today is the beginning of February and that means it is the start of a brand new challenge over at the Clever Dexter Challenge blog!  And not only is it a brand new challenge, but this is my first post as an official design team member for them!  I am very excited to work with a very talented team, but also to work with some pretty amazing and very talented digital stamp designers! 

 

The theme for challenge #14 is Just Because and there is an optional colour palette of red, pink, blue, white and dark red. The new sponsor for this months challenge is the very talented La casetta sull’albero di Chicca and she has offered 2 digis from her Etsy shop to the lucky winner of this challenge.  Her images are just the cutest and they are so beautifully drawn!  For my card, I have used Alice and she is absolutely adorable!  

I wanted her to have whimsical feel to her...she is Alice after all, so of course it required alcohol inks.  I think I may just pair alcohol inks with everything from now on.  So I started my background first to give it time to dry.  I grabbed Monsoon and Fiesta inks as my 2 colours and they blended they made a beautiful purple!  I blended the inks together with the help of hand puffer on a piece of Yupo paper.  I also added in a little bit of gold, well because it's gold and you always need it 😂

While my alcohol ink piece was off to the side drying, I started to colour my image. I tried to stay close to the colour palette, but with the addition of pink and purple. I did some fairly simple colouring with just a little bit of shading involved.  Next I cut her out by hand, as she was pretty simple.  For the sentiment I printed it out and trimmed it down to fir my inked panel.  Once it was all dry I popped up all three using some foam tape to my card front and that was it!

 
I absolutely adore how this all turned out....the dreamy background is absolutely perfect with whimsical Alice! I hope you enjoy my card for today as much as I had fun making it!  I really hope you will come and join us this month for the challenge...our sponsor has some amazing images that you could win.  

I thank you so very much for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me...it is always very much appreciated!  I hope that you have the most wonderful crafty day!  
Thank you again and until next time,
Michelle 💖

 


 

 Supplies used:

  • La casetta sull’albero di Chicca digital image Alice 
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Brother Scan N Cut
  • Legion Yupo paper
  • Canon Pixma laser printer
  • Ranger alcohol ink - Monsoon and Fiesta
  • Jacquard Pinata Brass metallic
  • isopropyl alcohol
  • alcohol ink hand puffer
  • Copic markers - B01, 02, 04, R14, 20, 29, 39, Y21, 35,YR21, 24,  E000, 00, 53, 79, W1, 2, 3, 5 and 0
  • Uni pin fine line pigment ink black pen 08-200
  • Solo Goya white acrylic paint
  • Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
  • misc. white cardbase
  • white craft foam
  • Art Glitter Glue

 

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature