Handmade with Love

03 February 2021

Calla Lilies - RachelVassDesigns

 

    Hello crafty friends!  It is the 3rd of the month and you know what that means....it's release day over at RachelVassDesigns!  She has done it again and this release is filled with some beautiful florals and some super cute images too!  Let's get right to it!


For my card today I used the Calla Lilies digital stamp set.  Although we never want to make this type of card, it is always good to have one or 2 on hand, for if one is ever needed.  This is such a beautiful image and I wanted to keep this simple and nice and soft in soothing colours.  To start I printed off my image and sentiment and added just a little bit of colour to the lilies, using a few light green Copic markers.

For my background I did a bit of ink blending using a combination of Distress ink and Distress Oxide inks.  I started at the bottom first with my Weathered Wood Distress Ink and started to softly blend upwards, concentrating most of ink at the bottom and blending towards the top of the paper, but I didn't go all the way to the top. Next I blended some Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink on top and stuck mostly to the bottom of the paper and didn't go up as far.  To add just a little bit of interest to it, I used my Distress Sprayer and added some water droplets to my inked background, left it on for a few seconds and then blotted it off with a paper towel.  All that was left was to adhere it all together using some foam tape to my cardbase and adding a scattering of clear droplets.


 I absolutely love how this turned out.  It is exactly what I wanted for it and I hope that if I ever have to use it that it will help to soothe someone. I find that calla lilies have a peaceful feel to them and they are such an elegant flower, that this image could also be used for a wedding card.  

I really hope that you will head on over to Rachel's Etsy shop to check out the rest of the release and don;t forget to head on over to her Instagram to see so much more amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and spending a bit of time with me, it is always very much appreciated! 

Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful and crafty day, Michelle 💖

 

Supplies used:

  • RachelVassDesigns Calla Lilies digital stamp set
  • Silhouette Studio
  • Canon laser printer
  • Copic markers - G000, 00 and 02
  • Neenah solar white 80lb cardstock
  • Canson mix media paper
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Weathered Wood
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Iced Spruce
  • Taylored Expressions blending brushes
  • Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets
  • Ranger Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive 
  • white craft foam
  • misc white card base
  • Stampin' Up! foam dimensionals


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature