Handmade with Love

05 February 2021

Thank You - PolkaDotOrchard


 Hello crafty friends and happy Friday!  Today I am featuring the Good Morning Spring digital stamp set from PolkaDotOrchard.  This is such a beautiful floral, that it was calling out to be used. and this set makes for a very pretty card!

 
This is really such a gorgeous and simple floral, that the moment I saw it I knew it was meant to be and I mean when paired with this scripty sentiment, they are a match made in heaven!

To start I grabbed my brick wall stencil, palette knife and opaque matte texture paste and started to add the paste to my piece of cardstock.  I applied the paste uneven purposefully to give it a slight distressed look and add character to it, rather than completely even and from edge to edge.  I much prefer stencils and this one in particular when done like that.  Once I was done, I set that aside to dry, which took maybe a little more than  hour.
 
Next I coloured the flower in soft tones of pink, some warm greys and a bit of green for the leaf. I think this is now one of my favourite combos....it has a beautiful softness to it and was perfect for this card.  I then cut out the sentiment using my Scan N Cut...isn't it gorgeous!  Anyways I added it all to my stencilled background using some foam tape and then popped it all up on a black top folding card base.  All that was left was to add a few clear sequins.
 
 
 I absolutely adore how this turned out!  It all has such a beautifully soft and feminine feel to it and the pop of black from the card base is perfect!  And the white on white background adds a little interest without taking away from the rest.  I think this turned out perfect and I really hope that you have enjoyed my card for today.

Thank you very much for popping by today...it is very much appreciated!  I hope you all have a most wonderful and crafty day!  
 
Thank you and until next time,
Michelle 💖


Supplies used:
Silhouette Studio program
Canon Pixma laser printer
Brother Scan N Cut
Copic markers - RV91, 95, W1, 2 and 3
MFT Brick Wall stencil
Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Matte
palette knife
Pretty Pink Posh clear sparkling sequins
Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock
foam adhesive
3M foam tape
black top folding card base



  




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature