Handmade with Love

08 February 2021

Gnome One Like You - RachelVassDesign

 
 
How sweet is this little guy with his cactus!  This card is made using one of the new releases from RachelVassDesigns called Gnome One Like You and it filled with some super cute gnomes!  This guy is such a cutie, I had to use him!
 
 

 This card was really quite simple to make.  I first printed out my image and the sentiment and started to colour the gnome.  I didn't do any fancy colouring for him...just with a bit of shading and in darker shades of brown and blues.  I love those colours together!  Anyways after he was all coloured I cut him out with my Scan N Cut, this time leaving no border at all....I think I prefer them with a little border.  

For the background I inked up the stamp using fog grey ink from Simon Says Stamp, which is a very light grey, however I ended up with a multi colour gradiant on it in shades of grey, light blue and a bit of green 😂 I got those colours on it because I last used this stamp to lift some alcohol ink and I guess some of that ink remained on the stamp and then transferred when I inked it up for this image.  And you know what...I'm not mad at all.  I really love the look it gives and it quite nicer than just the grey I was going to do.  So yeah for happy little accidents!

To finish it off I added it all to my navy card base using some foam tape and that's it.  Nothing else was needed as I really love it as is...simple but that background adds a lot to it.

I hope that you have enjoyed my card for today!  Please head on over to Rachel's Instagram page to see the rest of the release and for lots more inspiration from the rest of the design team.  And then head on over to her Etsy shop to grab one or 2 of these sets for yourself.  

I appreciate you all very much for popping by today and spending a bit of time with me.  Thank you all so much and until next time and another card, Michelle 💗

 
 
Supplies used:
  • RachelVassDesigns Gnome One Like You digital stamp set
  • Silhouette Studio program
  • Canon laser printer
  • Neenah solar white 80lb cardstock
  • Copic markers - B45, 95, 97, YG13, 91, G24, E000, 11, 13, 15, 19, 21, 70, 71, 74, C2, 3, 5 and 0
  • Create A Smile - Hypnotize stamp
  • Simon Says Stamp - Fog dye ink pad
  • Misti stamping tool
  • Avery Elle  - The Caribbean Collection A4 top folding cards
  • white craft foam
  • Tombow Multi Mono glue


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature