Handmade with Love

24 August 2022

Rainbow Butterflies - Visible Image

 
Hey crafty friends...I'm back today with a rainbow butterfly mixed media card featuring of course some amazing products from Visible Image.  I absolutely adore the butterflies from Visible Image and these are no exception.  Rainbow is still good even tough summer is coming to a close, right?!

I started off by stamping the large circle image from the Butterfly Effect Stamp Set on a piece of watercolour paper.  For some reason I am really drawn to using circles lately on my projects.  I'm definitely going to have to check out if there is a meaning to it.  This cluster of circles is just perfect and you don't need anything much else with it.

But I guess I felt otherwise lol, so I added in the small circle cluster from the Faerie Magic Stamp Set a few times.  I thought it went perfect with it and kind of mimicked the large cluster in a way.  This just adds a little bit extra and fills it out perfectly.  I made sure to use a waterproof ink, as I would be adding water to the cardstock later.

Next I added some modelling paste through the circle half of the Two Tone Stencil.  I added it kind of randomly, as I wanted an imperfect look to it.  I set this aside to dry and cleaned of my palette knife and stencil right away before it hardened.

Once it was dry, I added some pigment powder in a neutral shade so it wouldn't compete with my butterflies.  I tried to concentrate the colour in the middle of it and softened it with water at the top and bottom, so it would kind of fade away.

Backtrack to while my modelling paste was drying for my background, I added 5 different colours of pigment paste to a piece of watercolour paper and simply added water to them and and set aside to dry.  I made sure to not let one colour touch another, as I didn't want the colours to blend. 

Once my rainbow pigment powders were dry, I stamped out 2 of the medium sized butterflies from the Wings of Change Stamp Set and fussy cut them out.  These were fairly easy to cut out, as I am not a fan of fussy cutting.  But because they are a simple shape, it was easy peasy.

To add a wee bit of shine I added some of the Distress Foundry Wax in Gilded.  I added it in a few spots to the dry paste as I didn't want the gold to overpower my background.  The butterflies do cover up about half of them, but the gold is still gorgeous on the ones still visible.

I added butterflies on a diagonal in the middle, making sure to only add adhesive to the middle of the butterflies, that way the wings could be dimensional.  My sentiment was added from the Wings of Change Stamp Set on the lower left side and then trimmed the cardstock down a bit more on all 4 sides and then added it to my A2 cardbase using some craft foam for dimension.


And that was it!  I love these small butterflies...they are the perfect size and the details in the middle of them is a fun little detail.  I hope that you have enjoyed my project fro today...I definitely had fun making it.  Thank you so very much for stopping by today and I hope you find some time to sit down and create something wonderful!  I wish you all the most wonderful and crafty day and until next time,









3 comments on "Rainbow Butterflies - Visible Image "
  1. Butterflies are wonderful. Thanks for techniwue suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature