Handmade with Love

20 April 2022

Bee Kind - New Release - Visible Image

Have you seen the new release from Visible Image yet?  It is filled with 6 new incredible stamps and 3 fabulous stencils, that are nothing short of awesome!  For my card today I decided to showcase the new Bee Happy stamp set and Honeycomb stencil.  These bees have so much incredible detail in them....they are so fun to work with!

I first stamped the honeycomb image and the small splatter from the Bee Happy stamp set randomly on a piece of watercolour paper cut to 4"x5.25" using Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  This ink is perfect as it is a nice crisp black, it catches the fine details perfectly and is waterproof, so it won't run when using watercolours or a paste overtop of it.  And you can also heat emboss with it!

I then added the awesome Honeycomb stencil and added some transparent gloss texture paste.  I decided to use the transparent as when I add the pigments over it, you will still see the pattern of the stencil but you will still be able to see the layers under it of the stamped images...I didn't want to cover them up completely.  I then set that aside to dry.

Once my texture paste was dry, I added 2 different colours of pigment powder to it.  One is a light yellow ad the other an orange with gold mixed in.  The orange especially will give me that rich and vibrant orange colour and the yellow will help to tone it down a wee bit. These colours are perfect together and especially so with the honeycomb.  That was then set aside to dry naturally rather then going in with my heat tool, as it help to prevent warping of the paper this way....ask me how I know lol.

Next I stamped put 4 of the bees and used the same yellow pigment powder as the background to add colour to the bodies and then a black was used for the wings.  I I realized this after that I should have stamped them a second time, so get that nice and rich black, but I kind of like the softness of them as well that I got from doing it just 1 time.  After they were dry, I fussy cut them out.  This definitely tested my love for fussy cutting lol.  

For the sentiment after it was cut out I traced along the edge of it using a black sharpie to give it a bit of definition and that fine black border to it.  This will help for it to stand out a bit against the background.  Again I was inspired by one of my fellow design team members for this.  I am sure it will be making many more appearances as well, as I do love the look it gives.

To give the bees wings some definition and to help them appear as if they are flying off the paper, I added some clear dimensional tape at the base of the wings.  This tape is really fab for that and because it is clear it is harder to see, so perfect for small little areas like this, just in case any peeks out.  I then added it al to a black A2 cardbase using a mix of foam tape (to pop it all up) and also a liquid adhesive.  To finish it off I added a few small black flatback pearls.

And that's it!  I absolutely adore both this new stamp set and the honeycomb stencil!  Although these 2 products were made to work perfectly together, they are both so versatile and go with so many more of the Visible Image stamps and stencils...as all of their products do!  


Thank you so very for stopping by today and I hope that this helps to inspire you.  I wish you all the most wonderful and creative day and until next time,


Supplies Used:

*  Visible Image Bee Happy Stamp Set
*  Visible Image Honeycomb Stencil
*  Lindys Gang Red Hot Poker Orange Magical Powder, California Poppy Gold and Black Forest Black Magical Shaker Powders
*  Ranger Transparent Gloss Texture Paste
*  Versafine Onyx Black Ink
*  Canson XL Watercolour paper, white cardstock and black A2 (4.25"x5.5") cardbase
*  small paintbrush and plastic palette knife
*  small acrylic stamping blocks
*  painters tape
* black flatback pearls in varying sizes
*  Nuvo Deluxe Liquid Adhesive, 3M clear dimensional tape, foam tape




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature