Handmade with Love

04 May 2022

My Happy Place - Visible Image

 

Isn't the beach always a happy place?  Just the sound of the water can relax you and make you think of happy times, building sandcastles as a child.  Today's card makes me think of those times and makes me smile.  For my card I used 2 stencils and a stamp set...2 of which are from the awesome new beach themed summer release from Visible Image.

To begin I used the Sandy Feet Stencil and used blended Pumice Stone and Weathered Wood Distress Oxide Inks on the left on the left side of the stencil only.....the left side has a fabulous trail of footprints as if they are walking along and then on the right there is a larger single set of footprimts as well as a coordinating sentiment.  

Next I placed the Ripped Fishnet Stencil over the footprints and added some translucent grit paste.  I wanted it to kind of give you the feel of a fishing net that you might find at the beach and I think this fishnet stencil does that perfectly!  I applied the paste a it unevenly, as I didn't want full coverage of the stencil nor cardstock.

While my grit paste dried I stamped out the shells using Coffee Archival Ink from the At The Beach Stamp Set.  I took a few colours of Magical Powders, mixed with some water and added a light wash of colour to them.  If you want more movement when using your powders, be sure to use a watercolour paper.  I didn't use a watercolour paper, so therefore I didn't get much movement but they turned out exactly how I had hoped.  
 
Next I did the same using a few shades of blues, teal and a light brown and added them to my stencilled background once it was fully dry. I stamped the sentiment using the same Coffee ink as the shells.  I also added some white splatters using a gouache but they are very hard to see over the grit paste.
Next fussy cut out the shells.  I trimmed down the sentiment and went around the edges of it with a brown alcohol marker.  The stencilled pan was trimmed down to 3.75"x5".  I added the shells towards the bottom left corner of it, so they would follow the lines of the stencilled paste and the sentiment in the middle of them, using a mix of liquid adhesive and foam squares to give some a it of dimension.
 

And that's it!  If you haven't seen the rest of the new Summer release, what are you waiting for???  It is filled with amazing products that will bring you endless inspiration...head on over now and check it out, you won't be disappointed! 


 I hope that you have enjoyed my project for today and it helps you feel that you are that much closer to the beach and the sound of the crashing water.  Thank yous o very much for stopping by today and I hope this helps to inspire you to sit down and create something today.  I wish you all the most wonderful and crafty day and until next time,


 Supplies Used:

*  Ranger Distress Oxide Inks Pumice Stone and Weathered Wood
*  Lindys Gang Magical Powders Cafe au Lait, Karin's Coral, Andrea's Azalea, Jana's Jade, Tibetan Poppy Teal, Dip A Toe Teal and C'est La Vie Cerise
*  Ranger Distress Translucent Grit Paste
*  Canson XL Watercolour paper
*  Neenah Solar White 80lb and 110lb cardstock
*  small paintbrush, metal palette knife
*  Nuvo Deluxe Liquid Adhesive and small square foam adhesive
*  small fine point scissors


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature