Handmade with Love

23 February 2022

Colour in a Black and White World - Visible Image

 

Hello all my crafty friends!  Today I am back with a very colourful card featuring some products from Visible Image.  So I must admit that as soon as I saw the See Everything Stamp Set from Visible Image I just had to have it!  There is just something about this image that draws you in...maybe it's the eye staring into your crafty soul lol.  And I knew that the Brighten the World Stamp Set was THE perfect set for a sentiment to go with it.

 

To begin this I stamped out my image on some watercolour paper using Archival Ink in Jet Black.  This is a waterproof ink, so would be perfect as I would be adding water to it.  I then applied some liquid masking film, as I wanted some areas to remain white and untouched.  I applied it to the eye and as well to 7 different circles.  I added about 3 different layers, just to ensure that it would be well protected, in case any of my layers were a bit thin. I love playing with masking fluid, as when you peel away that rubbery dried fluid it is like pure magic!  So incredibly satisfying as well to see that it protected it perfectly!

I picked 6 different colours of pigment powders and sprinkled a bit of each directly to my glass work mat.  I didn't add much of these as they are very saturated.  I spritzed my watercolour paper with water, as that would be quicker than taking a paintbrush to it and also I didn't want an even coverage of water.  I added a second more concentrated layer of colour trying to stick to the centre once my initial layer was dry.  I then set this aside to dry.

For my sentiment I stamped it twice.  The first time using black ink and the second using a blue ink, as I wanted to kind of highlight the word colour..  For the second time I created a mask if you will, to go around the word colour.  Now looking back I didn't really need to make a mask for it, as I was just going to cut out the word colour anyways, but oh well lol.  I then cut up both of the black and the blue sentiment and added a bit of black soot oxide ink around the edges of each word, just to they weren't so stark white in contrast to the background.

I added it all to my A2 sized top folding cardbase using some foam squares for the sentiment and some craft foam underneath the main panel.  I absolutely love how this turned out!  It is exactly as I had "envisioned" lol..see what I did there.  I really hope that this has helped t inspire you and grab all of the colours and get messy and just have lots of fun!

Thank you all so much for stopping by and I wish you all the most wonderful and crafty day!  Until next time,


Supplies used:

*  Lindy' Gang Magical Shakers - Yodeling Yellow, Polka Purple, Guten Tag Teal, Magnolia Magenta Gold, Afternoon Delight Denim, Lederhosen Laurel
*  Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
*  Talens Liquid Masking Film
*  small paintbrush
*  Canson Watercolour paper
*  black cardstock
*  Altenew Crisp Dye Ink - Aqualicious
*  black craft foam and small foam squares
*  Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature