Handmade with Love

01 February 2022

Colour Challenge - Seize the Stamp

 

Happy February 1st everyone! Today marks the start of the first colour challenge at Seize the Stamp!  Every month there will be a new challenge with a brand new combination of gorgeous colours and will run for the entire month.  The best part, besides being able to play with perhaps colours you wouldn't normally, is that there are prizes!  
 

We are kicking off the first one with a beautiful palette that features the Pantone Colour of the Year - Very Peri.  Purple isn't normally a colour that I gravitate towards, but it is such a beautiful colour and always has such a rich and regal...almost royal feel to it.  So I'm super excited to play with it this month!

For my card I reached once again to the Harvest Wreath Turnabout Stamp set from Concord & 9th, but I also used the coordinating die set and I mainly used that.  It has the same images as the stamp set, but in the form of a die, so gives it a different feel than the stamp.  For the ink colours I turned to my Ranger Distress Oxides and tried to match up the colours the best I could.

For the colours I used (in order of the colours on the photo): Tattered Rose & Victorian Velvet (blended together), Abandoned Coral, Shaded Lilac & Dusty Concord (blended together), Villainous Potion, Mermaid Lagoon & Prize Ribbon (the 2 blended together).

They may not be exact matches, but I think I did pretty good!  I've come to realize that I definitely need to enlarge my ink collection lol.  I had lots of fun making this and I really hope that you will play along with us and the rest of the design team this month!

Here’s how to play along:⁠
:purple_heart: Create a project using this colour combo⁠
:purple_heart: If you’re on Instagram, tag your entry on Instagram with #seizethestamp & #seizethestampchallenge⁠
:purple_heart: Link your project on the Seize the Stamp blog by February 28, 23:59h

At the end of the challenge, a random entry will be chosen to win a CHF 25 gift certificate to the Seize the Stamp online shop!

Have fun and we can;t wait to see what you all create!

I hope you have the most wonderful and crafty day!  Until next time,

Supplies Used:

-  Concord &9th Harvest Wreath Turnabout Stamp and coordinating die
-  PinkFresh Studio Abstract Triangles Hot Foil Plate
-  Go Press and Foil Clear Iridescent Hot Foil
-  white craft foam
-  Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
-  foam pop dots

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature