Handmade with Love

01 April 2021

Thank You for being So Sweet - Clever Dexter Challenge #16

 

It's the beginning of the month and that means a new challenge is starting over at the Clever Dexter blog.  This month the theme is Anything Goes, so that means you create whatever makes your heart happy!  This month our sponsor is Polkadoodles and OH EM GEE......these images are so gosh darn cute!  There is so much in her shop that is super duper cute....I want it all!  She has very generously offered up a wonderful prize to the winner this month.

 For my card today I used the absolutely adorable Sunshine Winnie Delights...isn't she fabulous!  I love how this image came pre-coloured bc well let's face it....my colouring is alright but it certainly isn't up to par with how she was done.  I love taking advantage of pre-coloured images too, as it just makes such quick work of your project and makes it alot easier.  I decided to carry on with the same colour palette, so I grabbed Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass Distress oxide inks, a stencil and some masking paper.


To start I printed and cut out my image using my Brother Scan N' Cut...I know I've said it before but that machine is a godsend!  Anyways....I cut out a heart on my Scan N' Cut with my masking paper for the heart.  I placed the negative piece which surrounds the heart on a piece of white cardstock and using my Tessa Dots stencil I started to ink blend using Spun Sugar at the top and then with Tumbled Glass at the bottom of the heart and making my way up and meeting the pink halfway.  I tried to overlap the 2 colours a bit in the middle, so that it wasn't such a harsh line in the middle where one stops and the other begins.  Next I removed the negative masking paper piece and the stencil and then placed the heart over top of the stencilled polka dot heart.  I started blending the same colours but opposite to the polka dots to add a bit of contrast. I kept the heart masking paper on so I could add some black splatters with some watercolour paint, as that would help to define the outer part of the heart some more and keep the clean look of the heart as well.
 

I then stamped out my sentiment using my Color Hive - reMARKable Eclipse Black Ink pad and trimmed that down.  To assemble it all I added the Sunshine Winnie image and my sentiment using some foam squares and and then added that all to my card base using some craft foam.  I then finished it off with some light pink iridescent sequins anf that's it!

I absolutely adore how this came out and how pretty and feminine it is....it fits Winnie perfectly!  I hope that you have enjoyed my card for today and that you will join us for this month's challenge.  I can't wait until I show you my second project for this month's challenge, but that has to wait for another day.

Thank you so very much for stopping by today and spending a bit of time with me.  Thank you again and until next time,
Michelle 💗
 
 
Supplies Used:
 



 




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature