Handmade with Love

09 April 2021

Gone Fishing - The Hedghog Hollow

 

Hello crafty friends...today I am sharing a card made using the Hedgehog Hollow box for April. It is always so hard to find great stamps geared towards to men, but this month's box has you covered! This box is filled with lots of goodies that will make it so easy to help build up your stash of masculine cards.

For my card today I paired it with some alcohol inks. I absolutely adore alcohol inks...they way they move and blend is just absolutely magical! To create the water to go along with the 2 fishermen in their boat, I grabbed 2 different shades of blue...navy and ocean to be exact. I added a bit of each ink and some isopropyl alcohol to my photo paper and started to move the inks around by just tilting the paper to get them moving and blending a bit. Next I got my hairdryer and started to move the inks around to make the lines or ripples in the water, if you will. I love effect of the inks for the water and how it is kind of splashing up over the boat a bit. It turned out just how I wanted! With alcohol inks you never really know the end result with them, as they kind of have a mind of their own, but that is one of the beauties of these inks.

 
I made sure that my inked panel was thoroughly and completely dry and had no moisture left from the inks and alcohol for the heat embossing. I think i set it aside for at least an hour, if not more. Once it was dry I went over the entire panel with some anti-static powder to ensure no embossing powder sticks where it wasn't wanted. I got out the stamp set Men at Play and chose the fishing boat image and placed it in my Misti stamping platform, as I knew that I was going to stamp it several times. I inked up the stamp using my Color Hive Clear Embossing Ink Pad and did that 2x and then added some black embossing powder and heat set that with my heat gun. I then placed my inked panel back in my Misti and did the whole process 2 more times. This way I could ensure that i got a good inked and embossed image and it also helped to make the black nice and bold against the alcohol inked background. Next i trimmed it down on all 4 sides so that it measured 3.75x5". I added it a navy blue base and then added it all to my light grey side folding cardbase with the help of some craft foam. I did notice after that despite my best efforts to keep away any stray bits of embossing powder, some of it did get where it wasn't supposed to be. You know what though…..I like it! It kind of looks like little bubbles in the water

And that's it! I hope that you have enjoyed my card for today using this month's subscription box. Thank you so very much for stopping by and spending a bit of time with me.
 
Thank you again and until next time,
Michelle 💗
 
 
Supplies used:  
 
2 comments on "Gone Fishing - The Hedghog Hollow"
  1. This is a fabulous, masculine card! I love the effect you achieved with the alcohol inks.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Cheryl:) I love all of the different that you can achieve with alcohol inks, so they were perfect for this!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature